Field trip to the underworld

Sally Jackson could seriously not get any better in Ivy's eyes.

Hestia had gotten them to the Jackson's apartment so Percy could ask his mother for her blessing.

Paul Bloffis, Sally's boyfriend, was there too. Apparently, Percy had told him about demigods, and despite not believing it at first, was totally cool about it.

Percy told his mother about his super safe plan of bathing in the river styx, and although she was hesitant to, Sally gave him his blessing and wished them all luck. Unfortunately without blue cookies this time.

So then they were ready to go for a fun trip to the underworld. Their everyday activity of course. Though it most likely was for real for Nico.

They shadow traveled to Central Park, and Mrs. O'Leary looked pretty tired as she limped over to a cluster of boulders and started sniffing around.

"It's okay. She just smells the way home." Nico said.

"Through the rocks?"

"The Underworld has two major entrances," Nico said. "You know the one in L.A."

"Charon's ferry."

Nico nodded. "Most souls go that way, but there's a smaller path, harder to find. The Door of Orpheus."

"The idiot who turned around?" Ivy asked.

"The dude with the harp." Percy added.

"Idiot with the lyre," Nico corrected. "But yeah, him. He used his music to charm the earth and open a new path into the Underworld. He sang his way right into Hades's palace and almost got away with his wife's soul."

Ivy remembered his story as one of the stupidest. He had only one job, but he just had to look behind.

"So this is the Door of Orpheus." Ivy thought it'd be a little more special or something, bit it just looked like a bunch of rocks.

"How does it open?"

"We need music," Nico said. "How's your singing?"

Ivy snorted. She could not sing. And believe her, Percy was no better. She had heard it more than she should've.

"Um, no. Can't you just, like, tell it to open? You're the son of Hades and all." Percy said.

"Yeah" Ivy agreed with a smirk at the younger boy. "Sing at the door, Nico"

"It's not so easy. We need music. And I don't sing" He grumbled.

"I have a better idea." Percy turned and called, "GROVER!"

They waited for a long time. Mrs. O'Leary even curled up by Ivy's side and took a nap, but Grover still didn't seem close to showing up.

"Yeah, I don't think Grover's hearing is that good, fish head"

Nico nodded. "It's no good"

Percy didn't answer. He closed his eyes and scrunched his face in concentration.

"Umm, what are you doing?" Ivy asked at last.

He suddenly shot his eyes open and almost stumbled.

"What happened?" Nico asked.

"I got through. He's . . . yeah. He's on his way."

A minute later, the tree next to them shivered. Grover fell out of the branches, right on his head.

"Grover!" Percy yelled.

"Goat boy!" Ivy grinned at him. It was long since she had last seen him.

"Blah-haa-haa!" Grover bleated.