Sleeping beauty wakes up

Annabeth felt completely and utterly heartbroken.

First of all, she was forced to leave her two best and closest friends behind without a clue if they would be okay.

And then, she started overthinking everything on her way back to the labyrinth.

She regretted how she parted from Ivy. She didn't know if that would be the last time she would ever see her, and she had only hugged her.

Ever since last year, Annabeth had been having trouble figuring out the weird yet enchanting feelings she held for the Dionysus girl.

The feelings inside her only increased as months passed. And during the weeks before they had plunged themselves into the labyrinth, she started to comprehend what they meant.

Ivy had always been perfect in her eyes, but it had always been different than with other people. She started thinking more about the way only said girl could make her feel when she would smile or look at her.

During the past events wandering through the maze, she began to cherish the constant flutter in her stomach only her best friend could provoke.

And she ultimately realized maybe they weren't just "friendly" feelings.

Though it wasn't until she believed Ivy had died that she finally realized how much the girl truly meant to her.

She wished she had just gotten the courage and kissed Ivy when she could, cause now she wasn't even sure if she would ever get the chance again.

She kept going forward, still clinging to the hope that her best friends were going to find their way out of the situation and survive.

But she froze completely on her tracks when she heard it.

An explosion.

Tears spilled through her eyes as her chest tightened. All she wanted was to turn around and run towards the sound.

She didn't want to believe it. They had to be okay.

Nevertheless, despite her wishes to go look for her friends or just break down right there and let out the sobs begging to escape her throat, she knew she couldn't.

She had to keep following the fucking spider.

She kept walking through her blurry vision, but then she heard it. She froze for a second time. This time for a completely different reason. Maybe not everything was lost.

She immediately turned around to see a heavily injured and dazed Ivy.

She couldn't believe it, but she quickly snapped out of her daze and dashed full speed at her stumbling friend.

"Ivy!" She yelled as she caught up with her.

The girl had several terrible looking burns across her body that made herself want to avert her eyes. Multiple parts of her clothes burned and steaming.

She had marks of tears running down her cheeks, and she used all her might to look up at Annabeth.

Their eyes locked together and a warm feeling spread through both of their chests. Annabeth was sure her eyes were filled with relief, but her heart still hurt at the broken and pained look on the other girl's purple eyes.

Ivy opened her mouth and struggled to get the words out. "Annie" She breathed in relief, but then her expression turned extremely hurt and her voice cracked as she said. "Percy, he.."

She didn't finish. Still, Annabeth understood perfectly, and she could only hope that Percy had used one of his crazy plans and managed to survive.

She didn't get to dwell on that much as Ivy's stunning amethyst eyes rolled up to the back of her head and she immediately collapsed.