Hippie old goat

The stone tunnels wasted no time in trying to confuse them, but luckily for the demigods, the compass with legs had no trouble guiding them.

To everyone's surprise, Annabeth started a conversation with Rachel, bringing Ivy to it too.

She didn't understand much, cause they talked about architectural stuff, but she was happy Annabeth was trying to be nice to Rachel.

Their chat and walk came to a stop when they reached a crossroad.

"What is it?" Percy asked.

Rachel stared down the dark tunnel.

"Is it that way?" Annabeth asked.

"No," Rachel said nervously. "Not at all."

"Why are we stopping then?" Ivy asked.

"Listen" Nico said.

Wind was coming down the tunnel, as if the exit were close. Ivy could smell something she knew she recognized, but couldn't tell from where or what it was.

"Eucalyptus trees," Percy said, and Ivy finally remembered Mount Tamalpais. "Like in California."

"There's something evil down that tunnel," Rachel said. "Something very
powerful."

"And the smell of death," Nico added.

"How lovely" Ivy muttered, though she had an idea what it was.

She exchanged glances with Annabeth and Percy.

"Luke's entrance," The Athena girl guessed. "The one to Mount Othrys—the Titans' palace."

"I have to check it out," The one with suicidal wish said.

"Percy, no."

"Luke could be right here," He said. "Or...or Kronos. I have to find out what's going on."

Annabeth hesitated. "Then we'll all go." Ivy said for her.

"No," He said. "It's too dangerous. If they got hold of Nico, or Rachel for that matter, Kronos could use them. You two stay here and guard them."

"Percy, don't," Rachel said. "Don't go up there alone."

"I'll be quick, I won't do anything stupid."

"You said the same last time, Ariel, and look what happened."

Percy glanced at her with those baby seal eyes. "I won't get blasted out. I promise."

Ivy sighed and rolled her eyes. Percy smiled and turned to his other friend.

Said girl took her Yankees cap out of her pocket. "At least take this. And be careful."

"Thanks." He put it on. "Here goes nothing." And he sneaked invisibly down the dark stone tunnel.

Ivy turned to Annabeth. "We're going after him later, right?"

"Yep"

               ∆ ~•••••••••••••••••••••••~ ∆

Remember how they were supposed to stay there and wait for Percy?

Well, they did the complete opposite.

Though it was obvious it would happen, none of them actually ever listened to the "stay here".

It ended up being a good thing that they did, though. Cause they arrived right in time to save Percy's dumbass. Literally.

He was running towards them with "Luke" right on his trail.

Then Rachel yelled his name and did something so incredibly stupid that it ended up working.