Jailbreak

Ivy now remembered Hera. She had seen her twice; the first time on a field trip to Olympus with some other year rounders, and the second last year after they had rescued Artemis.

She still didn't know what to think of the goddess, but there was a clear understandment: Her sandwiches were absolutely delicious.

Ivy was eating them accompanied with her hot chocolate, and she thought they were great. Though it could've also been how hungry Ivy hadn't even realized she actually was, but anyway-

"Grover, dear," Hera said, "use your napkin. Don't eat it."

"Yes, ma'am," Grover said.

"Tyson, you're wasting away. Would you like another peanut butter sandwich?"

Tyson stifled a belch. "Yes, nice lady."

"Ivy, sit properly" She scolded.

"Oh, uh sorry" Ivy lowered her legs from the chair and shifted weirdly on her seat.

"Queen Hera," Annabeth said. "I can't believe it. What are you doing in the Labyrinth?"

Hera smiled. She flicked one finger and Annabeth's hair combed itself. All the dirt disappeared from her face.

Ivy thought she looked stunning. Not like she hadn't before but- She shook her head internally and quickly dismissed that contemplation as soon as she realized what she was thinking.

"I came to see you, naturally," The goddess said.

Again, Ivy wasn't sure that was a good thing. And based on the looks she shared with Percy and Grover, they thought the same.

"I didn't think-" Annabeth faltered. "Well, I didn't think you liked heroes."

Hera smiled indulgently. "Because of that little spat I had with Hercules? Honestly, I got so much bad press because of one disagreement."

'Wonder why.'

"Didn't you try to kill him, like, a lot of times?"

Hera waved her hand dismissively. "Water under the bridge, my dear.
Besides, he was one of my loving husband's children by another woman.
My patience wore thin, I'll admit it. But Zeus and I have had some excellent
marriage counseling sessions since then. We've aired our feelings and come to an understanding-especially after that last little incident."

"You mean when he sired Thalia?" Percy asked, and Ivy wanted to smack his head. As soon as he said their friend's name, Hera's eyes turned toward him frostily.

"Percy Jackson, isn't it? One of Poseidon's...children. As I recall, I voted to let you live at the winter solstice. I hope I voted correctly."

She turned back to Annabeth with a sunny smile. "At any rate, I certainly
bear you no ill will, my girl. I appreciate the difficulty of your quest. Especially when you have troublemakers like Janus to deal with."

Annabeth lowered her gaze. "Why was he here? He was driving me crazy."

"Trying to," Hera agreed. "You must understand, the minor gods like Janus have always been frustrated by the small parts they play in the universe. Some, I fear, have little love for Olympus, and could easily be swayed to support the rise of my father."

"Your father?" Percy said. Ivy mouthed 'Kronos' at him. "Oh, right."

"We must watch the minor gods," Hera said. "Janus. Hecate. Morpheus. They give lip service to Olympus, and yet-"

"That's where my father went" Ivy remembered. "He was checking on the
minor gods."

Hera's eyes turned to her. She gave her a weird look like she wasn't sure what to think of her, and Ivy was starting to grow uncomfortable under her gaze.