journal

"Oh, Cecelia, are you ok?"

Cecelia felt uncomfortable as two arms wrapped around her frame. She stayed tight as Melissa squeezed her into a hug.

"Yeah, I'm good." Cecelia strained as Melissa got off of her. Cecelia saw her jacket on the table of the room they were in and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"How'd you get that?" Cecelia asked, nodding her head toward her jacket.

"Oh, gosh, where are your pants? It's freezing out!" Melissa exclaimed as Cecelia walked over to the table. Was she at the apartment? She grabbed the jacket, then seeing something under it.

Her journal. Cecelia whipped around so fast, you'd think she'd get whiplash. Her eyebrows were furrowed as Melissa looked at her face. Her under eyes were black and blue from her nose getting hit and Melissa tried to change the subject.

She rushed towards her and Cecelia took a step back. "Melissa, did you take this?" Cecelia asked as she held the book up.

"Honey-"

"Melissa, did you take this from my jacket at the apartment?" Cecelia asked her, Melissa sighed. Her hand reached for Cecelia's hand, brushing against it. She felt Cecelia's cold hand before Cecelia whipped it away from her.

"I did it because I needed to know if you were safe. I know you write in it, but-" Melissa said, trying to make it look like she did it for a good reason. But it invaded her privacy like no one else did, maybe other than Dr. Raynor, but Dr. Raynor didn't just take. Cecelia scoffed, shaking her head.

"Melissa, what the fuck!" Cecelia exclaimed as she grabbed her jacket. She quickly put it on, making sure her list of amends was still there, and it was. Cecelia put her journal inside of it as Melissa stuttered to find words.

"Cecelia, you've just been so gloomy, I needed to make sure you weren't hurt! But now I know-" Melissa excused herself as Cecelia shook her head. She went to reach for the door, but it was locked, and Melissa had a key. Why was she in a room like this? Cecelia sighed as she took her hand off of the handle.

Her hand shook as she tried to get out once again.

"James! Help me, please!"

The six year old was being dragged into a room. Her arms and legs were being buckled down onto a table. She tried to kick, scream and claw at the doctors as they held her down. One had made her bite down on something as a needle was being prepared.

"Let me out! Let me go, please!" Cecelia had yelled, or tried to yell as she saw a blue liquid in the needle. She tried to wriggle out, but her body was no match. It was only her 2nd round of the new serum, and honestly, she dreaded it.

Cecelia started to bang on the door as Melissa sighed. Cecelia leaned her head against it as Melissa stood there.

"Open the fucking door, Melissa."

"Not until I can explain, Cecelia!" She exclaimed as she lightly grabbed the teenager's arm. "Please just sit down, and I'll explain you everything." She said, trying to guide her to a seat. Cecelia let her do it and she sat down in the metal chair. Her arms laid on the arm rests. Melissa sat in the chair from across from her as she slid it in near the table.

"I needed to know that James was a fit for you." She said as she looked at Cecelia's pissed off expression. Cecelia glanced away from her, she put her head on her hand ad she shook her head. "Celia, I mean...Cecelia, James is messed up-"

"Bucky isn't messed up, Melissa." Cecelia corrected her. That was twice in one sentence. Two corrections in one sentence. She glared at her, Cecelia's eyes having hate in the older woman. "Bucky doesn't steal teenagers journals and then read them."