love eachother

Sam's hometown was welcoming, very welcoming. Cecelia and Bucky knew that, they just weren't used to it. In fact, it was so welcoming, Bucky wore short sleeves for once.

In public except for when he was fighting, he never showed his hands or arm. He was always swearing gloves, a long sleeve, and a jacket. He was scared about what others would think. What if they thought he was a monster? He couldn't handle that. He just couldn't.

It was welcoming that Cecelia wasn't worried when she was talking to people. She wasn't worried about what she would say, or if she said the wrong thing. She didn't care what people thought.

It was a new feeling for them. It was almost lighthearted or something. It took weight off of their chests and made them feel somewhat good about themselves.

Cecelia was asked of many things. She was asked for photos, many people referred to her as "Agent Barnes", which honestly, Cecelia didn't mind at all. It was better than The Asset, or The Hydra Soldier. Kids jumped at her feet, just expecting her to pick them up, and she did. At one point, there was a kid on her shoulders, and two kids in her arms. Thank god she had little sister experience with Morgan.

Kids called her Cecelia, as she told them to if they wanted. Some stuck to Agent, and many called her Cecelia. They all spoke so kindly to her as she stood there talking with them.

"Do you, Mr. Barnes, and Sam fight bad guys together?" A kid asked her, Cecelia nodded her head as one kid climbed onto her lap.

"I guess so." She said, nodding her head.

"Did you fight Thanos?" A kid asked, Cecelia was overwhelmed by the questions, but she kept her cool. They were kids talking to a hero after all, of course they were excited. Her hand was either playing with her necklace, or twisting her rings around as they spoke to her. It was a nervous tick or something like that.

Bucky knew it was. So when he looked over, he kept a close eye, but she remained calm through it all. Even when there were kids jumping all over her.

"Yepper." She said as the little boy on her lap started to play with her rings as well. He brought her hand onto his lap, and play with her rings as if they were some kind of toy.

"How big was he?" Another kid asked, Cecelia sighed, and put up some enthusiasm.

"Huge, as big as the Hulk." Cecelia said, spreading one arm wide as the little kid played with her bracelets and rings.

"He looks like a big grape!" Laughed a kid, Cecelia nodded her head, agreeing.

He also has a nutsack chin

"I know, kiddo." She said, letting out a small laugh.

"Was he strong?"

"Goodbye, little one."

Cecelia desperately tried to get out she tried to kick her legs, but it didn't do anything. She thought about Bucky. What he'd think when he'd see her dead, cold, lifeless. It could've brought tears to her eyes.

Cecelia cleared her throat, nodding her head. "Super strong." Cecelia said as she looked around. They asked her more questions, and she answered them kindly.

After awhile, Sarah got rid of all the kids. Cecelia smiled as they ran to Bucky, jumping into his metal arm.

"Go hang out with some of the teenagers, Cecelia." Sarah said, Cecelia looked over to see them joking and laughing. They were all eating cake that Cecelia and Bucky brought.

"Yeah, sure." Cecelia nodded, she stood up and walked over.

"Yo, it's Agent Barnes!" Said one as they made room for her to sit on the bench.

"Do we gotta salute or some shit?" One asked her, she shook her head no.

"No, and just call me Cecelia." Cecelia said as she sat down.

"This cake cake is real good." Said one and Cecelia nodded. "You guys make it?" He asked her, Cecelia shook her head no.

"Nah, got it from the grocery store." She said as she saw Bucky and Sam smiling at her, and then soon enough starting to embarrass her. They walked over and started to smother her.

"Stop." Cecelia said as they sat next to her, wrapping their arms around her. Everyone chuckled as she tried to push them off.  "You're not funny." She said as Bucky kissed her cheek and Sam ruffled her hair.

Cecelia slightly pushed them away as they started to converse with all the teenagers, and stop embarrassing Cecelia.

After that day, Cecelia and Bucky were sitting outside. Bucky had finally let her share a beer with him. They were sitting at the edge of the dock, their legs swinging from it.

"I feel normal for the first time in awhile today." Cecelia said as they sat there, Bucky took a swig of the beer as she sat.

"Well that's good, because you're not." Bucky joked, she nudged him. She knew it was a joke, but there was definitely truth in that statement.

"I'm really proud of you, doll." Bucky said, wrapping his arm around her. She laid her head on his shoulder. "And not just for the whole thing in Manhattan, and Madripoor, but for being strong." He said, Cecelia nodded her head.

"I think I wanna be done being strong for awhile." Cecelia said, Bucky nodded his head.

"I don't blame you." He said, patting her back. She took a sip of his beer before placing it back down.

"Is it bad that I really liked Karli? I mean, probably not because she liked me after the shit I did." Cecelia said, Bucky looked down at her.

"Answer the question?" Cecelia asked him, he nodded his head, saying he would answer.

"You can't help who you love, even if they tried to wipe out a ton of people." Bucky said and brought her in closer. He kissed the top of her head as they sat there.

"God knows we love each other."

a/n:

hey yall didn't edit this chapter but i feel bad bc i haven't posted and i am a little jittery because i just drank three celciuses sooooo.

ONE MORE CHAPTER AFTER THIS AND THANK YOU FOR 202k READS!!!!