Ch. 32 || Angry Confession

Zaria 🌹

"I have found them." Cade said, taking a seat on the couch in my bedroom.

"Who?" I ask, picking up my phone from the bed and sitting on the edge, flipping my phone around in my hands nervously.

"The guy who ran into us, the one who had Thora's painting in the book." He pulled out his cigarette and lit it.

I remember the guy from that night. The whole moment had crossed my mind so many times since it happened. All I wanted was to know who he was. And why Cade used the word "them"

"He and his grandfather live down the cliffs, to the west side. Alone and hidden. I haven't talked to them yet, I thought it'd be better if you come along too."

"But we're leaving tonight, and anyways .... we can't tell Damien about this so there's no chance we'd be able to meet them without him knowing." I sighed.

My phone rang and I saw Anaya D'Souza's incoming facetime. It's kinda weird she's calling, we usually don't talk on calls so it must something important. I don't want to miss this one.

"If you say, I can convince him to stay a bit longer or at least to let you stay. I'll talk to him and see what I can do." Cade said and stood to leave.

I nodded in response at Cade and picked up the face time.

"Hey, Anaya. What reminds you of me today?" I say, smiling back at her.

I see Cade suddenly stop in his tracks before he continues to walk away. Anyway, I will focus back on Anaya.

"I know it's just been one day to your wedding and I shouldn't interrupt your precious time, but I just wanted to make sure you're alright. You were smiling during the wedding but you weren't actually happy. So...." She shrugs her shoulders, leaving the unspoken words as subtexts.

My heart warmed. Even though we both are not that close, her presence gives me new energy and good vibes which is very rare.

"My life's not hitting the same anymore but definitely not regretting. Couldn't have asked for more" I wink.

Damien wanted to give me a tour since it's my first time here on this island, but he got a call for an emergency meeting, so we had to return to the villa.

"Well, it's great to know that it wasn't like me, at least." She says. I narrow my eyebrows.

Basically, she's newlywed too. It's only been 5 or 6 months for her own marriage with Leonard Balker.

"Come on, at least your husband confesses of being in love with you." I roll my eyes but with a smile on my face.

"Blah blah" she laughs. "Anyway, I wanted to invite you to a function at my house. It's an Indian event..." She starts explaining further.

For the next 15 minutes, we chit-chat about the event and laugh about random things before we decline the call.

I fell dramatically on the bed. My hands spread across the sheets and I stared at the ceiling with a big smile on my face.

Maybe I was wrong to believe me and Damien won't get along. I hated him because I had dreams of marrying the person I was in love with, and Damien came and my dreams shattered.