I woke up the next day to sunshine spilling through my curtains and the sound of chatter downstairs. I rubbed my puffy eyes and sat up, stretching.

I headed into my bathroom and got myself ready. Ready as in; brushing my teeth and throwing my hair into a bun. It's not like I had plans today so it didn't matter.

Suddenly I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled.

I heard the door creak open and softly close. I peaked my head out of the bathroom to see Lanie searching around for me.

"Lanie bug!" I opened my arms.

He face lit up as she saw me and she ran into my arms, "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I said softly.

She pulled back and looked at the ground, "I uh, I know why you're here. I just, Isabella listen," She said and looked up at me. "This doesn't seem like him at all. He's not the type of person to do this and from what I saw, he seem really in love with you. And when I see pictures of him and Kendall," She said and I winced at the sound of her name being said out loud. "Sorry, i'm so sorry." She covered her mouth.

"It's okay, it's okay. It's not like I won't ever hear her name again." I reassured her.

"It's just, when I look at pictures of him and Kendall, it's different. He never looks at her the way he looks at you. Or any girlfriend of that matter. I know you're hurting and you have every right to be, but Isa, it doesn't make any sense." She flailed her arms.

I felt a lump form in my throat and tears well up in my eyes, "Lanie, I don't know why he did what he did, but he still did it. It might've been different if maybe he hadn't gotten with her so publicly so quickly. I just need to move on, I still love him of course. But he hurt me. He hurt me a lot. So unless he has some astronomical explanation as to why he left me for her, I plan on keeping my distance and moving on."

She nodded slightly and pulled me into another hug, I felt a tear slip from my eye and I quickly wiped it off of my cheek so Lanie wouldn't see.

"Come on, mom made breakfast." She said, heading downstairs.

"I'll meet you down there." I smiled.

She nodded and walked out. As soon as she shut the door, I broke down. I couldn't stop the tears from running down my face. I slid down the wall and put my hand over my mouth to hush my cries.

Suddenly my door opened, "Isa have you seen m-" My mom stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me. "Baby, are you okay?"

I shook my head and she immediately sat down on the floor next to me and pulled me into a hug.

"I don't get it. We- we were so so happy. Did I do something? Do you think I didn't a- anything wrong?" I cried.

"Oh, no. Absolutely not. Some people just aren't who we think they are, and it sucks. But it's the truth. You may think they're your bestfriend or the love of your life, but it turns out they're a complete stranger." She rubbed my back. "You are certainly not the problem, sweetheart."

I hugged her tighter and my cries calmed down.

"Will you come eat? It feels like i'm hugging a skeleton." She joked.

I giggled, "Yeah, let me freshen up."

She kissed my cheek, stood up and walked out.

I went to my bathroom and splashed cold water on my face so the puffiness went down and it was less red.

I came downstairs and tried to eat, but nothing sounded appetizing. All I wanted to do was go back up to my bed and sleep.

"I'm gonna go take a nap," I stood up from the couch.