Chapter 4

*Cal*

Ok, this isn't a big deal at all. My mate being in my car right now is not at all a big deal. 

Except that it is. 

I've waited 16, almost 17, years searching for my mate, and finally he's here, sitting right next to me. 

"So, where do you live?" I ask because 1, I'm trying to get a conversation started, and 2, I need to know where in going. 

"256 Abby Dr," he replies. His sent is so strong it's hard to keep my wolf at bay, so I try to keep the conversation going. 

"Nice, I like that area, it's quiet," I say. 

"Yeah, I like it too, my house if at the end of that road so my backyard leads into the woods. It's probably my favorite place in this whole town, the woods behind my house I mean. My parents used to take me out there all the time for picnics, I loved it. We even built a tree house out there." As he's talking a huge smile forms on his face, and I love every bit if t. He likes the woods!,  my wolf tells me. 

"Really, that sounds awesome, I lie the woods too, It's peaceful and quiet, away from all the distractions of civilization."

"Yeah," he says as he closes his eyes and I bet he's imaging the forest in his mind. I love this so much, just talking with my mate, though my wolf wants to do more. 

"So, what's you family like?" I asks just wanting to hear his beautiful voice more.

"Well, there's my dad victor, but everyone just calls him vic. Then there's my papa, my other dad, his name is Eduardo, but we call him Ed. Next is my mom  Sydney, but we call her Syd," he says with a lot of enthusiasm. 

"Wow, you sure do like shortening names, don't you?" I say with a smirk.

"Yeah, we do shorten a lot of names, don't we? actually they shorten my name as well," he says turning to face me, his hyacinth eyes spring right into mine. 

"Oh yeah? so..." 

"Ali," he says with a smile, and I can't help but smile back. 

"It's pretty, just like you," I say as I wiggle my eyebrows towards him. 

"You...think...I'm pretty?" he says, barely above a whisper. If I didn't have my wolf hearing I probably wouldn't we able to hear it. 

"Yeah, I do," I say turning to him and giving him a big smile. at my answer he blushing and tuns away from my gaze. 

We stay silent for a while, just listening to the rumble of the car and the cicadas chirping in the night, until Alexi, actually I'm going to call him Ali now, looks up at me with his eyes filled with courage and says,

"Umm, well... I think...you're handsome," he says small, blushing up to his ears. he thinks in handsome?!, I think to myself in shock. By this point I'm barely keeping my wolf under control, and I soon realize my red wolf eyes are showing when I get a glance at myself in the rear view mirror. Shit!, I think. We're finally getting somewhere, I can't scare him off now! 

I take a deep breath and focus on getting my wolf under control. Ok, I can do this. 

"So, would you--" he cuts me off.

"This my house here,"he says, pointing to a yellow house, that strangely reminds me of a ginger bread house. I bring the car to a stop in front of the house. he opens the door and steps out, but before he close it he says,

"Umm, thanks for the ride." He's blushing and I can't help but smile. 

"Anytime. see you at school tomorrow," I say grinning from ear to ear and at this point he's smiling too.

"Yeah!" he says enthusiastically. "See you!" And with that he shuts the car door and walks up to his house. Just before he enters he turns around and gives me a wave, smiling. I wave back, mimicking his smile. he turns and round and walks inside, shouting the door behind him. 

I sit there for a second, contemplating what just happened. I was so close to asking him out, I scold myself. Ok, well at least we talked; that's something, right?