Side Story(1.2)

*Danny*

It's been a full day since my sweet, wonderful girlfriend turned into a monstrous wolf. 

After she ran off on the beach, I went straight home to contemplate. I was up all night thinking about what I saw. How can Abby, who's so gentle and kind, be something said to rip people apart? 

I really didn't know what to think. I mean, she told me herself that she was a... werewolf. But I didn't believe her. I thought she was like a furry so something, I did realize that she was actually furry. 

She must hate me for the way I acted, though. She trusted me enough to show me her true self and how did I react? I called her a monster. 

But she is a monster? 

I don't know what to do. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weekend passes in a blur and suddenly it's Monday morning and I'm on my way to school. I have still yet to wrap my head around Friday's events. I still don't know how I feel about Abby anymore. 

On one hand she's my girlfriend and I really like her.

But on the other hand, she's a werewolf and I haven't heard to many good things about werewolves. 

"Hey, are you alright? You've been kind of off all weekend," Cassie says from next to me as we walk to school. 

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine," I respond but I can tell she's not buying it. I continue to walk in a sort of trance, just putting one foot in front of the other, that being all I can do.  My mind is too occupied to think of anything else. 

We arrive at school and I notice that Ali, Cal, and Jason are waiting for us by the entrance. All three of them weren't at school last week for an unknown reason but apparently their all back now. 

"Hey, how you been dude?" Jason asks me as I approach the group. 

"Alright, I guess," I say half heartedly. 

"Cool, man, so you guy ready for class?" Jason asks the group. 

"No, I am so not ready for the amount of work the teachers are gonna give me for the days I missed. It's gonna be, like, homework times a hundred," Ali complains. 

As we walk to class I get an uneasy feeling in my stomach. I look around to see what could be causing it and spot Abby, walking alone to class. her eyes look puffy and red, like she's been crying a lot. I bet she was crying over me.

I didn't mean to hurt her feelings, but how was she expecting me to react? did she expect me to say, oh, wow, your a werewolf, that's so cool and I'm definitely not scared of you at all even though you could rip me to shreds in an instant. What kind of sane person would react like that?

Of course, I don't like that I made her sad, but I just feel like I can't trust her now. I need more time to think about all this before I can talk to her again. There's just still so much that I don't understand. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Alexi*

It's lunch time already and I can tell that there's definitely something up with Danny. He has this look on his face like he's thinking about something. The problem is that he never thinks, so something must be up. I've tried asking him about it throughout the day but he just keeps saying that he's fine, even though that's clearly a lie. 

"Hey I'm just gonna to to the bathroom real quick, brb," I tell Cal as I stand up from my seat. he grabs my hand gently and asks,

"Want me to come with you?" I smile and say,

"No thanks, If you come with me we might get distracted." He blushes a little at my response and I kiss him softly on the cheek before walking away. The closest bathroom to the lunch room is at the of a long hallway that leads to the gym. As I get closer to the gym I can hear the sounds of someone crying. 

Curiosity getting the better of me, I peek into the gym to find the source of the crying. I someone, a girl, under the bleachers, sitting in a little ball with her knees to her chest. I realize from her scent that this girl is a werewolf in my pack. Abby's her name. Not only is she Cal's good friend, but she also happens to be Danny's girlfriend that he hasn't shut up about. Also, Danny's her mate. 

I walk over to her and say,

"Hey." she looks up in surprise and I get a good look at her face. Her eyes are red and she looks like she's been crying for days. I notice that she's trembling, too. 

"Oh, Alexi, Hi, sorry, I didn't realize you were there," she says in a shaky voice. I crouch down next her.

"What's wrong? I can help if you'll let me," I tell her gently. 

"Oh, no, I'm fine," she says with a very bad fake smile. 

"But your not fine, though, I can tell you've been crying a lot. Look, I'm going to be the Luna soon, so I want to help you, and even if it's something I can't help you with, then at least it might make you feel better to talk to someone." she looks at me with sad eyes before taking a shaky breath and sayings,

"It's, umm, about my m-mate." her voice gets caught on the word 'mate'. 

"Danny?" I ask.

"Yeah, I know he's your friend though, so I get it if you take his side," she says quietly. 

"He may be my friend, but your a part of my pack, he's also an idiot, so I'll take your side over his anyday," I tell her. 

"Well, um, last week, we went on a date together, and I decide to tell him the truth... about us," she says and looks at me. 

Anger flares inside me as I imagine what she's going to say next. Of all the reaction I expect out of Danny, this isn't one of them. 

"It didn't go well, he- he called me a... monster and he was s-scared of me," she says as tears start rolling down her cheeks again. 

What the fuck is wrong with that piece of shit. 

Calling his own girlfriend, who he's been fangirling over for weeks, a monster? What kind of a person does that? 

A fucking idiot, that's who. 

Slowly, I rise to my feet and say,

"Don't worry, Abby, I'll sort this out," before I turn and head back to the lunch room to confront my asshole of a friend.