Chapter 9

Image of Alexi ⬆️

*Cal*

The waitress comes back with our drinks she asks what we want to eat.

"I'll have the chicken parmesan," Ali said. 

"Alright, and for you?" ,she looked at me expectantly.  

"The steak with mash potatoes, please."

"How would you like that cooked?" she asked. 

"Rare," I replied. she looks at me like I'm crazy. 

"Rare? Are you sure? You know that's barely cooked, right?," she asked confused and I could tell by the looks on his face, that Ali was confused too. 

"I know, that's just how I like my steak," I repond. 

"Well alright then," She said right before she walked off. 

"I can't believe you like your steak rare," Ali said surprised. 

"What ca I say, it's delicious," I said throwing my hands in the air. 

"But why thought?" he asked. Because I'm a werewolf , I thought to myself. 

"Don't know, just do," I said smirking. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Alexi*

You know, when I asked why he liked his steak rare, for a second my mind flashed to the idea that Cal was a werewolf. I know, it's ridiculous cause werewolves don't exist. but the idea of Cal as a werewolf sent shivers down my spine. Good shivers not bad ones. 

I feel like it Cal was a werewolf it make him even more sexy that he is now, which would be hard to do. 

"You know," Cal starts, "Your eyes remind me of my favorite flower," He said as his rested his chin on his hand and stared into my eyes. 

"Oh yeah?" I asked, leading in to copy his posture. "And which flower would that be?"

"Hyacinth, the most beautiful flower of then all," he continues, "and you hair reminds me of the moon. A hyacinth flower under moonlight, that's what you remind me of." 

I blush hard and look down t the suddenly interesting table cloth. 

But my head doesn't stay down long because I feel Cal's finger lift up my chin and his eyes meet mine. 

"Down look down beautiful. I want to look at you more," he said, his mahogany eyes gazing into mine. This only causes me to blush harder. 

Just them someone coughs next to us and it's our waitress with our food. She blushing a bit from embarrassment. She quickly sets our food down and runs off. 

As we sit there enjoying our meal, we ask each other all sorts of questions in an attempt to get to know each other better. It's really nice, just talking. at some point i make a joke and he laughs.

His laugh is the greatest thing I have ever heard.

Better that all my favorite songs. Better than anything I have ever heard in my entire life, and I could listen to it for the rest of my days. 

I don't know long we;re like that, just talking the lisen. We finished our food at least an hour ago, but we just continue talking. Here and there, we both drop flirtatious comments. After Cal pays, because he wouldn't even let me try, we finally head to the car after hours.  Cal opens my car door, again, and I climb in, literally. I check my phone to see that it's already 11:30. My parents are probably arleadying sleeping so I'll have to be quiet when I walk in. 

On the ride back we continue chatting about all sorts of things; in a flash we arrive at my house and I'm disappointed the night is coming to a close. one more time, Cal comes around and opens my door. 

"Your such a gentleman," I mumbled to him softly and he just smiled back and walks me to the door. 

"I had a lot of fun tonight," he said gently taking my hands in his.  

I smile, "Me too." We look into eachothers eyes for a while until suddenly Cal wraps his arms around my waist, lifts me up, and plants a passionate kiss on my lips and I return it. 

He bits slightly at my bottom lip, requesting entry into my mouth, and I relax my jaw to let him in. Our tongues fight for dominance, but I give in and let him have it and I can feel a low growl rubble in his chest.  I pull back slightly to catch my breath but as soon as I do we're sucking faces again, and the fiery feeling from his touch returns. For a solid five minutes we make out on my front porch until finally we both pull away, and he gently lowers me back to the ground, his arms still around my waist. He pulls me to his chest and leads down to whisper in my ear. 

"Your mine, "He said in a husky voice that sends shivers down my spine. I blush and nod vigorously. 

He allows me to pull back slightly from him so I can lay a soft peck on his lips before saying goodbye and walking inside.

I close the door quietly, no wanting to wake anyone up. All the lights are off, except for the one in my papa's office. It slips through a the slightly open door and creates a streak of warm light on the wood floors. I don't expect anyone to be in there at this time, but I know that my parents hate when people leave the lights on so i make my way over to the office. I make sure to be as quiet as possible. 

When I open the door my eyes fall on something I never would have ever expected to see.