Chapter 13

*Alexi*

When Cal and I walk into the school a thought crosses my mind.

Does Cal want to go public?

The whole school already knows I'm gay but what about Cal? The whole school thinks he's straight. I mean, I want everyone to know we're dating but I also don't want to make Cal uncomfortable.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when I suddenly realize I'm stoped in front of my locker, with Cal still by my side. I quickly grab my things and we head to class.

When I walk in Cassie and Jason are already in there seats.

"There you are," Cass says as I make my way to my seat and Cal sits behind me.

"Where were you two?" Jason asks.

"Cal drove me to school," I say. We continue a mindless conversation until the bell starting class rings. The rest of the morning goes by smoothly and throughout it Cal is being great. He holds my hand and walks me to my classes and it seams like he doesn't care if people know we're dating.

When lunch rolls around he and Jason sit at Cassie, Danny, and my table. Cal sits right next to me and continues the hand holding.

We're deep in a debate over who the better guy for Bella, Jacob or Edward, when some one from Cals basketball team, Jake I think, walks up to us.

"Hey, dude," he says to Cal, "you'll never guess but there a rumor going around that your dating a guy. It's crazy right?" He asked.

"I don't know what your talking about, what rumor?" Cal said. Oh, so maybe I got it wrong. Maybe he doesn't want people to know, maybe he's just too embarrassed of me, that he likes a guy, if he even does actually like me. I sink into my chest from what he said, but then he continues, "it's not a rumor at all, it's the truth, and that guy is siting right in front of you," he said as he put a protective arm around my shoulder, "and if anyone has a problem with it I'll beat the shit out of them, got it?"

Jake looks at him in shock.

"S-sorry dude, I-I didn't, I didn't think-, just-, sorry," he says stuttering then scurries off back to where ever he came from.

I look at Cal surprised and he turns to me and says,

"Your mine, and I want ever one to know it," he says and his eyes flash red for just a second, so quick that I must have imagined it. I quickly wrap my arms around his neck and pull him to my level to lay a soft kiss in his lips. He kisses me back with full force before pull away. We sit there smiling for a while before turning back to the table.

Jason's smirking at Cal, while Danny and Cassie are trying there hardest not to break out in a fit of laughter.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————
When I get to a capella after school, everyone is hovering around me asking questions. I guess news traveled fast that Cal and I are dating. We talk for a while before Ms. Susan walks in.

"Alright, alright, settle down, I know that Alexi snagging the hottest guy in school is a big deal, and congrats Alexi, but we do have work to do so let's get started," Ms. Susan said and we began.

When practice was over I went outside to see my dad waiting to pick me up. I walk over to the car and hop in.

"How was school?" He asked.

"It was great," I responded.

"I'm glad to hear it, and what about a capella?" He asked as he began to drive off towards our house.

"Also great, everyone was fussing over me having Cal as my boyfriend," I said, smiling slightly.

"Aww, that's so sweet," my dad says and we fall into a comfortable silence, the only sound is of the radio and the rumble of the car.