Chapter 12

Sorry if there's any spelling/grammar errors, I wrote this on my phone.

Hope you enjoy!

*Cal*

When I wake up this morning, im yearning for my mate. The joy I felting kissing Ali was go great that now I feel like I wouldn't be able to live without it all the time. I want to see my mate right this second, I don't want to have to wait until I get to school. So I come up with an idea.

I'm going to pick up Ali for school.

I would go the minute I wake up, but I don't want to seem like a stalker. So instead I get dressed in my usual basketball shorts and teeshirt and throw on my checkered vans.

Then I make my way over to the kitchen and almost run down my papa.

"Wow there kid, you never rush to get to school," he says, suspicion creeping into his voice.

"Yeah well I have something to do before school today that I can't be late for," I said as I maneuvered around my papa to quickly grab breakfast.

"Oh yeah?" He asked.

"Yep," I said shortly. He looked at me considering what I just said, trying to see if I'm lying, which I'm not. Picking up my mate is the most important task I'll have all day.

"Alright I guess," he said moving on from the conversation.

I finished my breakfast, got together my stuff for school and hopped into my truck. I made sure to put on my new Queen playlist that Ali sent me yesterday. Apparently Queen is his favorite band. Before I met Ali, I always thought Queen was a little over rated, but after getting their life stories from Ali, I think there pretty good. That may just be because it makes Ali happy, and when Ali's happy I'm happy.

When I pull up to Ali's house I text him and stand in front of my truck. It only takes a second until I see him peaking through a window. I wave with a big smile on my face and he smiles back. He moves away from the window and I wait a few more seconds before Ali comes out the door.

"Hey," I say, walking over to Ali as he walks towards me.

"Hey yourself," he responded. I put my arms around his waist and pull his body close to mine. "You look sexy in that shirt," I said.

"Oh yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah," I respond as I pull him closer to me. He smiles and he wraps his arms around my neck. We gaze into each others eyes as we lean closer to each other.

Finally our lips meet in a passionate kiss. It's quick, but filled with...love? Lust? I don't know exactly but it's filled with something wonderful. We pull back and I take his hand to lead him to the car. I open the car door for him, cause I think he likes it.

"Thank you," he says, climbing into my truck. I move over to the drivers side and hop in. When I turn on the car Another One Bits The Dust by Queen is playing.

"I love this song!" He says as he reaches for  the volume knob to turn the music up. He starts singing along and I think I must have died and gone to heaven because what I hear from his mouth is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard.

He sings along to the Queen songs the entire ride to school while I am over here practically melting from his voice. It's too wonderful to put in words, but I can try.

It's as if every single good thing in the world has been turned to sound and is projecting from Ali's mouth. It's so full of feelings, ones I can't even name.

And with each song, and each lyric, a different emotion shines through. When he sings a song about lose it really feels like I just lost someone I love and tears well up in my eyes. When he starts singing about love I feel joy and happiness, like I'm truly in love with another. His voice takes on what ever emotion fills the lyrics so strongly, it make you feel like your part of the song, and all those thoughts and emotions are your own.

I love it so much.

When we finally arrive at school, I feel like I've been though a break up, been bullied, lost the love of my life, and gained a best friend all in the span of 20 minute. It takes me a second to realize the Ali has already gotten out of the car and is now knocking on my window.

I snap out of what ever spell Ali's voice put me under and open my car door.

"You alright?" Ali asks.

"Yeah, it's just, your voice... it's— it's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard." He blushes.

"Oh, um, thanks," he said shyly. The way he said it was so cute that I can't help but plant a small kiss on his forehead before grabbing his hand in mine and leading him into the school.