Chapter 5

*Alexi*

Oh my god. What the fuck just happened?

Cal thinks I'm pretty? 

Currently, I'm leaning against the front door, trying to figure out what his all mean. does Cal like me? I mean, no, he couldn't possibly, right? Cause he's totally straight, right?! ok wait, but what if he's not straight? what if he does actually like me? what if--

"Hey there, Ali, you good?" my papa asks, peaking out from the kitchen, a knife covered in chives in his hand. 

My papa is from Puerto Rico so he's always speaking spanish to us around the house. He has copper skin and dark brown hair cut short paired with chocolate eyes. He's almost my height, just an inch or two taller. 

"Yep," I say quickly bounding up the stairs to my room. I enter the room and shut the door behind me before flopping onto my bed, letting out a silent scream.  

Ok, wait, Cal was going to say something right before we got to my house. Was he...? No, no, definitely not. But what if he was?

What if he was about to ask me out?

A knock on my door pulls me from my thought.

"Come In," I say as I rise to a seated position on my bed. My dad walks in. He has long, wavey dirty blond hair and sky blue eyes. He's the second tallest in my family, next to my mom, standing at about 6' 2". 

"Are you alright?" he asks with hint of worry on his face. 

"Yeah," I say in a dull tone that he picks up on. He walks into he room from the door frame and sits next to me on the bed. 

"Ali, you don't sound alright, tell me what's wrong." He puts his hand on mine. When I don't say anything, he asks me a question to get me talking.

"Is it about that boy who dropped you off?" 

"Yeah," I say quietly. 

"Do you have a crush on him?"

"Yeah."

"So what's the problem?" he asks gently.  

"Well, I though he was straight but then on the way home he called me pretty and now I don't know anymore," I say sheepishly. 

"Sounds to me like he like you," my dad says, giving my hand a soft squeeze. 

"Hmm, I hope he does."

"Well, only time will tell, now come on, I think dinners ready." He lets go of my hand and follow him out of the room. 

When I get down stairs my little sister, Elsie, stops me and jump right into my arms. 

"Ali!"

"Elsie!" I respond with he same enthusiasm, spinning around in a circle with her in my arms, giggling. "How was your first day of kindergarten?" I ask as I put her down. she jumps around a says,

"It was so fun!" she has a huge smile on her face as she tell me about her day. 

"Alight you two, dinners ready so come eat," pére says as he sets food out on the table.  "Will someone go get you mom from the garage, she's been out there all day fiddling with her gadgets."

"I'm on it," say turning around to get to the garage. 

My mom is like the 'man' of our house. She's tall, strong, and is always building of fixing something. She's around 6' 5" or so and has forest green eyes. Her brown hair is cut to her shoulders on the top and the sides are shaved. I would look a little funny if she had her hair down but she always ties the long part into a bun on the back of her head. Also, she is covered in tattoos; full sleeves on both arms, a large back tattoo of koi fish and lotus flowers, a bunch of radon stuff on her legs, and a few on her neck and stomach. 

When I walk into the garage sparks are flying through the air around my moms work station. she's welding something together, a mask on her face for safety.  It's loud so she doesn't hear when I call for her. I try again but still nothing. So I grab a bouncy ball from the sports bit in the garage and throw it at her back, gently of course. 

she whips around, blow torch in hand, and looks at me for a second before turning off the machine shooting fire and taking off her mask.  

"You little shit," she says with an evil look on her face, and that's when I know I've made a mistake. I turn around a sprit back into the house with her hot on my trail. We weave around furniture until I run into Elsie, pick her up, and hold her out in fronton me as a shield. 

"Ha, what cha' gonna do now that I have my shield," I tell her with a smirk on my face. She stops dead in her tracks, ten feet away from me, her expression blank. For a moment I almost believe I've bested her, but of course I'm only kidding myself. We're at a stand still until finally a mischievous grin falls on my moms face. She charges us and Elsie screams as she tackles us to the couch in a ruthless fit of tickles. 

"Mom!..... st-stop...." I say in between my uncontrollable laughing. 

"You brought this on your self!" she says smiling. Elsie and I are both laugh so hard it hurts. Finally after what feels like an eternity the torturous tickle end. 

we both lay there for a moment to catch our breaths. 

"Muahahaha," she says in an evil villain laugh, "I am victorious!"

"Are guys gonna eat or what?" my dad says from the dining table. Elsie and I both stand up from the couch and sit down at the table, my mom following right behind us. We all go around talking about our days. When dinner ends I head up to my room. I have a quick shower, put my pjs on and get ready for bed.

As I lay there, staring up at my pop corn ceiling, I wonder how things will play out with Cal? Only time will tell, just like my dad said, I guess.