Chapter 21

Image of Alexi(AI generated) ⬆️

*Alexi*

It's tuesday at lunch when Danny comes over to our table smiling like crazy. 

"What's got you so happy," Cassie asks as Danny sits down. 

"I got a date," he says. 

"seriously?" I ask. 

"Yes, Alexi, don't act so surprised. It's true, I got myself a date with the hottest girl in school," he said confidently. 

"really? who?" Cal asks. 

"Her name's Abigail, Abby for short," he says. 

"Abigail? Abigail Hughes?" Cal wonders.

"Yeah, her bio class merged with mine today and she sat next to me, which was great. We flirted for a bit until I got up the courage to ask her out, and she said yes. Do you know her?" Danny asked. 

"Yeah, she's like a family friend," Cal replied. Danny continues taking about Abigail to Jason and Cassie, while Cal turns to me and says,

"So, I told my dads about you and they wanted me to invite you over for dinner, but if you came over for dinner then I would have to introduce you to the pack as my mate, and the future luna, but I would only want to do that if you were comfortable with it, which you don't have to be right now, but also-" I cut his by smashing out lips together. He relaxes and kisses me back. 

"I would love to come over for dinner," I say, pulling back from his lips. 

"Ok, great," He says smiling. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Cal*

When I said that Abby was a family friend, I meant that she was a part of my pack, meaning she's a werewolf. Next to Jason, Abby would be my next best friend in my pack. We don't have any classes together though so I don't see her much in school. 

When danny said that he was going on a date with her, I was very confused. Abby has been asked out by all kinds of people, but she never said yes to any of them. She always said she was saving herself for her mate, which is why I was confused that she said yes to Danny. This must only mean one thing, that Danny is her mate. 

When I get home from school I am immediately on a hunt for Abby. She's been all over the pack house so there's no use following her by sent otherwise I'd be going in circles for hours. I listen to see if I can hear her anywhere. I hear her in her room so that's where I go. 

I knock and she tells me to come in. 

"hey," I say.

"Hello," she replied happily. 

"So, I heard that your going on a date with Danny. Is he-"she cuts me off. 

"My mate? Yeah he is. I found my mate! I can't believe it," she said enthusiastically. 

"Really? I'm so happy for you," I say smiling. 

"And you found yours too right? That boy with the white hair?" she asks. 

"yeah," I reply. 

For the next hour we talk about our mates. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Alexi*

Yesterday at a capella, I noticed an odd smell coming from Alice. 

The smell of a vampire. 

And not just on her, it was coming from her, meaning that she's a vampire. And if she is a vampire then she would know that I'm a werewolf. I was expecting her to act differently, but she didn't. all practice she was her same old self. She even joined in during the discussion about my hair. 

But today is different. When I get to the hallway that goes to the band room, I see alice waiting there, right outside the door. She watches me as I get closer. 20 feet, 15 feet, 10 feet, and I stop 5 feet away. 

"Hey," I say. She doesn't reply and just gets straight into it. 

"I didn't know you were a werewolf," She says bluntly. I scoff,

"Yeah, I didn't know either." She looks at me confused so I add, "It's a long story." she considers this then says,

"You know what I am, right?"

"Yeah," I respond.

"And... you don't... hate me or anything?" she asks hesitantly. 

"Hate you? Why would I hate you?" I ask confused. 

"Cause werewolves and vampires are enemies," she says shyly. 

"That's a thing?" I ask surprised. She looks at me confused before saying. 

"Yes, that's a thing. Did you not know that?," she asks.

"Yeah..." I say.

"Ok... so you don't hate me then?"

"Alice, no, I don't hate you. I would never hate someone just for being a vampire. I mean, my dad's a vampire so I feel like he'd get mad at me if I did that," I explained. 

"Wait, your dad's a vampire? What's his name?" she asks. 

"Victor Vaitkus." she looks like she's seen a ghost. 

"Your dad... is Vaitkus the victorious?" she asks in shock. 

"Uhh, I guess so. Why? Is he famous or something?" 

"Ha, your funny, yeah he only killed millions throughout the 1800's and got himself the title of most powerful vampire in history, so yeah, he's famous or something."