Chapter 16

*Alexi*

When I said that Cal could mark me, I was expecting it to hurt. I mean, he's biting hard enough to draw blood so it would hurt, right? 

But this feeling is not hurt at all. 

When he bites down, for a split second it hurt, but now all I feel is pleasure. A white hot flame shoots through my body making me feel something I've never felt before. When he pulls away I find myself yearning for his touch, then he begins licking the wound and I feel an incredible sensation with each brush of his tongue. 

Then I hear a crack, and a sharp pain bursts in my arm. 

I scream in agony and Cal pulls back to see what's wrong. 

"W-what?" he asks startled as I cradle my arm to my chest. 

Another crack in my leg, then pain. 

"Fuck," I shout. "its- like my body-"

Crack.

"Is on fire!" I finished. he looks as me, curled up on the ground, in shock, then realization crosses his face. 

"Alexi, I think...your shifting," he says, with a surprised tone in his voice. 

"What?!" I shout through the pain. 

Another sharp pop though my body and I scream. Cal rushes to my side to comfort me but I brush him off. It's like my nerves are no fire, and every touch sends pain shooting through my whole body. I continue like that, bones cracking, intense pain though my body, for a solid five minutes. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Cal*

The whole time Ali is shifting all I can do is watch, and lisens to the sound of Ali in pain. My wolf whines as me so help out mate, but there's nothing I can do.  The first time you shift it is always slow and painful. I don't understand why Ali is shiftling though.  He's not a werewolf; I would have known if he was...right? right. I would have know because I would have smelt it. He doesn't smell like a werewolf, except that, now he does. 

After about five minutes of Ali in agony, the most beautiful wolf I have ever seen stands in front of me. 

It has white fur, that's glowing under the moonlight, and piercing purple eyes. he's smaller than my wolf, but still big for a werewolf, showing its high status, with long slender legs, and I bet he's fast. 

This gorgeous wolf in front of me is Ali. He steps slowing, trying to get his balance in his new form, but soon enough he's comfortable and comes over to me. He rubs his long soft coat against my legs, wanting my attention. I give him a gently pat and he whines at my touch. I bet he wants to run, I think to myself.  So I shift into my own wolf, a large black coated wolf with red eyes, and we circle each other, checking out the other.  Ali rubs against me and i return the gesture. 

Once he's comfortable, we both take off into the woods. We run around for hours under the moonlight night sky. I always dreamed of running through the forest, side by side with my mate.  It sounded so wonderful to me, running free with the love of your life; but I gave up that idea when I realized my mate was human. 

But now, running through the forest with my mate, is way better than anything I could have dreamed. 

After a while, we settle under a tree, cuddled up together, and fall asleep to the sounds of nature.