Side Story(1.1)

*Abby*

So I think I just made the biggest mistake I could ever possibly make and now it's cost me my mate. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Hours earlier

It's friday night and Danny is about to pick me up for our date. With all that has recently happened, the whole hunter attack and Cal almost dying, I really need a nice calm night with my mate. So that's why I'm making sure I look the best I can. I'm going all out with my makeup, in a good way, and I've decided to wear my super special dress. The dress is short and just makes it to my knees and it has a bunch of ruffles and tool that makes it poofy. but my favorite part of it is it's pattern. 

It's covered in ducks.

I love duck so, so much. They are my most favorite animal. If I had to choose something to shift into, other than a wolf(obviously), it would most definitely be a duck. Ducks have my heart and soul. I love them so much that when I was little I used to tell everyone that my mate would be a duck. 

But of course, I've found my real mate now. He's no duck, that's for sure, but he's the next best thing and even though I haven't known him long I love him so deeply. 

That's why tonight i have decided to tell him my little secret. I'm going to tell him all about me and werewolves, and I'll show him my wolf. I trust that he will accept me for who I am. He keeps telling me about how much he loves me, every part of me, so why wouldn't he love this part of me too. 

Sure it's a bit out of the ordinary, but everyone's a little weird right? 

And, yeah, I am a little nervous that he will reject me but I have faith in him. 

As soon as I'm ready I sneak out the front door of the pack house and walk down the dirt path to the main road that leads to town. Right now, everyone is still a little on edge so they don't need some large human showing up in a neon green pick up truck(yes, Danny drives a neon green pick up truck. It's very ugly but he says he picked it on purpose, for some odd reason he thinks it actually looks good). 

I stand on the side of the road next to the mailbox. I keep look out for a very brightly colored truck and soon enough I spot it driving down the road. Danny pulls over, following the dirt line in the grass from where the mailman drives over every week. 

"Now, what's a pretty little thing like you doing out in these parts," Danny says through a rolled down window in a fake southern accent. 

"Waiting for her boyfriend," I reply, playing along with Danny.

"Oh really, well he must be a pretty good looking guy to snag and catch like you."

"Well, he's alright, it's personality that really counts," I say in a joking way. 

He lets out a chuckle and smiles as I get in the car. 

"So where are we going?" I ask, curious to see what he has planned for us. 

"Can't tell you," He responds. 

"Aw, why not?"

"'Cause it's a surprise."

"But why can't you just tell me?"

"'Cause then it wouldn't be a surprise."

"Ugh, fine. Is it somewhere I'll like?"

"Of course it is, I wouldn't take you somewhere on a date if it was something you didn't like."

For about thirty minutes we drive peacefully, chatting about random things, with the radio playing the background. Suddenly Danny tells me,