Chapter 10

Image of Cal, kind of, maybe, idk ⬆️

*Alexi*

My papa is sitting in front of his desk facing me. From behind him my dad has long fangs sunken into the side of his neck, blood dripping from the wound and pooling at my papa's colar. My dad and my papa both stare blankly at me in the door frame. While usual my dad's eyes are blue, they are now pure black and taking over the whites of his eyes.

After a long staring contest, my dad pulls back from my papa's neck but we just continue to stare. Slowly I reach for the door knob, close the door, and calmly walk to my room.

After gently shutting my bedroom door I lay myself on my bed softly to contemplate what I just saw.

Down stairs I hear some shuffling around then the heavy footsteps of two people sprinting up stairs and stopping right in front of my door. Then it's quiet for a while until I hear my mom loud whispering outside my door.

"What the fuck is going on?" my mom asks. I hear more whispering but can't make out what there saying. then, without knocking, my mom bursts into my room, my dad and papa trailing behind her with their heads down, looking like little kids who just got a scolding from their parents. I sit up on the bed. My mom shuts the door then says,

"Vic, Ed, sit the fuck down now." they do exactly what they're told. My dad sits down at my desk and my papa sits on my carpet. "Now, Ali, I understand that what you just saw must be confusing-" I cut her off.

"Not really," I said.

"What do mean not really?" My mom asks.

"I mean it's not really that confusing. I've watched enough Vampire Diaries and Being Human to know that dad's 100% a vampire," I said calmly. They stare at me like like I'm crazy.

"You seen way to chill right now," my papa said confused.

"Well, what do you want me to say, OMG my dad's a vampire eek!" I said in a fake surprised tone, putting my hand to my face like I'm in shock.

"I mean, yeah, that's more of what I was expecting," my dad said quietly, keeping his head down. I think he's worried I'm going to hate him now, which is not at all true.

"Dad, I think your the one who's way too not chill right now. Just cause your a vampire doesn't mean I'm gonna hate you now. Your still my dad and always will be, it's as simple as that," I say, smiling just a bit so he knows I mean it. He looks up at me with tears forming in his eyes. He then rushes over to me and pulls me into a big hug and the tears fall.

"It's ok," I said softly to try and comfort him, he pulls away and wipes the tears with the back of his hand. "I just have one question though, is this why garlic is banned in our house?"

My dad chuckles and says, "yep."

"Also," I'm mom says, "while we're on the topic supernatural stuff, Ed's a witch."

"you know that actually makes sense," I said and everyone looks at me in confusion so I continue,

"You collect some really weird shit that I have know idea how you got, unless you were a witch."

My dad and mom both start laughing there asses off and I join in too.

"It's not weird!" My papa called.

"Ha, yeah sure," my mom said sarcastically continuing to laugh.

"Not weird at all," my dad said caring on the sarcasm.

"You guys suck," my papa said pouting and crossing his arms like a toddler. "Anyways moving on, how was you date?" He asked changing the subject. Everyone looked at me expectingly. I smiled remembering what happened at the end.

"It's was great," I said beaming. "We talked for hours over dinner and then when he dropped me off we kissed," I said smiling.

"Awww," my dad said. "That's so sweet."

"Sounds like you have fun," my mom said smirking and I nodded.

"That's sounds great, but it's late, you should be sleeping," My papa said. We said our good nights and my parents left my room.

Surprisingly, even with all the new thoughts in my head, sleep came easy to me and I quickly fell into a deep slumber.