Chapter 6

*Cal*

I'm waiting at the base of the steps to the school with Jason, soon to be beta to my soon to be alpha. I have my eyes fixed on the pick up/drop off loop, looking out for Ali. 

I'm gonna do it, when I see him. I'm going to ask him out. I know we've barely known each other for day, but will the full moon coming my wolf is getting restless, just wanting to mark our mate already. 

Just then my eyes lock white head off hair and my mates sweet scent floods my nose.  I watch as he gets out of the car, saying bye to his dad, then his eyes meet. He starts to smile as he makes his way over to where I'm standing and I'm smiling too.  

"hi," he says when he reaches me.

"Hey," I respond, "so, there's something I wanted to ask you," I say putting my hand to the back of my neck. 

"Oh yeah?" Fuck, why does he have to be so damn sexy? I think to myself. 

"Yeah, so, I was wondering if, I don't know, you maybe wanted... to go out with me?" i ask looking him in his wonderful eyes. 

"your asking me out?" he asks. For a moment I think I've made a mistake. Maybe i should have waited longer to ask him out, or maybe he doesn't even like me. 

"yeah," I say putting my head down in embarrassment. 

"Well then, I'd love to go out with you," he says as he lifts my chin with his finger to look me in the eyes. He smiles and I smile back. 

"Great! so does saturday at 7 work for you?"

"It sure does," he says with a sexy smirk. 

"Awsome, so I'll pick you up at your house then?" I ask. 

"It's a date," he says just before the bell rings and he's bounding up the steps to get to class. 

I can't believe I have a date with my mate. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Alexi*

As I'm walking to my locker I can't stop smiling. I can't believe that I'm actually going to go on a date with Cal. 

When I get to my locker, Cassie is there waiting for me. 

"Sup, dude," she said with a nod of her head. I don't respond and all I can do is smile as I unlock my locker. "What's up with you?" she asked. 

"Cal asked me out," I respond. 

"Siriously!?"

"Yep," I said with a smile. "On saturday," I added. 

"Dude! That's awesome!" She loud when she says that, and a few people in the hall give us weird looks. "I'm so happy for you, dude, but wait that means he isn't straight, right? 'cause I totally though he was," she said, leaning against the lockers, facing me. 

"Oh, yeah, he's definitely not straight, he called me pretty," I said blushing. 

"Aww, that's so sweet, but dude, I can't believe you got a date before I did, totally not fair bro. I need to be getting me a girlfriend," Cass said with a sigh. I let out a chuckle before closing my locker and heading down the hall towards class with Cassie following behind me. 

When we get to math class, Cal is surprisingly already there.  He notices me walking towards him and gives me a smile, which I return. 

"hey," I said with him looking up at me from his desk. 

"hey yourself," he responded with a smirk. 

"Why are you here? you usually don't get to class until the last minute," I asked.

"Well maybe it's because I wanted to see you sooner." I blush at his remark and take my seat in front of him, facing forward. Next to me Cassie is talking some basketball mumble jumble with Jason, that I don't understand, so I just sit forward in my seat, waiting for class to start. 

We're about half way through class when I feel something at the back of my leg. I look down to see Cal's shoe rubbing against me. Even though it's through a shoe I still feel those same warm sparks from his touch. It's comforting to have him touching me, and I relax without even knowing that I need to.  

For some reason I can't explain, every time I'm around him it makes me feel safe and secure. Like nothing will ever harm me as long as Cal's by my side. And I know that I haven't known him long, but it feels like he completes me. Like he's the one I've been searching for my entire life without even knowing I was searching. The light at the end of the tunnel. 

His foot travels further up my leg until it's touching my crotch. Then he wiggles his foot around causing me to let out quiet moan and I blush hard. a few people near me, including Cassie, turn to look at me with questionable looks on their faces. 

I quickly shove his foot away with my hand and use my heel to kick his shin behind me and he lets out a small growl. 

Wait, did he actually just growl? I think to myself. It was so animalistic that I almost thought my brain was playing tricks on me. I glanze around the room to see if anyone else heard it, but everyone is listen to the teach as he explains the problem on the board. I look over at Cassie, Maybe she heard it? I wondered. But no, she's just doodling on her paper. 

I turn around to look at Cal, Maybe I really did make up the noise?  When my eyes fall on his for some reason their a bright blood red color, almost like they're glowing, instead of their usual mahogany.