The decision

“Jungkook, drive faster.” Namjoon said to his best friend impatiently as he was on the verge of killing Teahyung, who dared to touch his brother and betrayed them as a good friend all these years.

Jungkook nodded and pressed the accilator harder.

“I will kill that bastard if his figures touch my Jin.” Namjoon said and punched the side in frustration.

Jungkook took a quick glance at his best friend, who was now not in his own control, and then shifted his focus to the road. But suddenly, he kicked the break when a figure unexpectedly came in front of their car. This caused both Namjoon and Jungkook to come forward because of the sudden stop. They quickly get out of the car.

"JIN,”

Jungkook called in shock, seeing Jin lying unconsciously on the floor with blood coming from under his head. Namjoon was bewildered by the scene in front of him as Jungkook quickly moved to Jin and held his body in his hand. Namjoon was about to take Jin, but another figure caught his attention.

Teahyung moved backward slowly when he saw Namkook there. Namjoon ran to him, and before Teahyung could react more, Namjoon gave a hard punch to Teahyung’s face, causing him to fall down. Namjoon sat on top of Teahyung and began to punch him more, hardly without a break.

“You son of b*tch, how can you do this to my brother?

Gave another punch.

“We trusted you with him.”

Another punch.

“How can you come again after what you have done to him?"

Blood started to come from Teahyung’s nose and mouth, but Namjoon doesn’t care.

“Na-mjoon, it was a drunken mistake.” Teahyung said between the punches.

Namjoon stopped after hearing it. He breathed heavily in rage.

“BUT A RAPE IS A RAPE.” Namjoon yelled and gave another twice-harder punch, which knocked out Teahyung on the spot.

*

Jin was hearing voices in his sleep. He became disturbed. The calls and voices are running continuously inside his mind.

“Jin, Jin.” It was Yoongi’s voice.

“Jin?” This one was Jungkook's.

"AEGI,” his brother called.

“Jinnie….” And the last deep one caused him to jump awake, screaming from the hospital bed.

“Ahhhhh!!!....”

Jimin jumped from where he sat and quickly ran to Jin to calm him.

“Jin, it's okay. Its okay. We are all here. Nothing happened.” He said hugging Jin and patting him slowly.

Jin's heavy breathing changed into a normal one after recovering slowly from the nightmare.

"How did I come here? What happened?”  Jin asked, not getting over the shock that he had escaped from his worst nightmare.

“Your hyung and Jungkook hyung saved you from last night.” Jimin said.

And last night's memories came into Jin's mind, which began to haunt him quickly.

“Jimin, Tea-Teahyung, he, he was—"

"It's ok, Jinnie. You don’t have to say anything. He will never come after you again."

Jin relaxed, fell silent, and spoke after a few seconds.

“I thought I was really going to end up in his hold this time.” Jin said with tear-welled-up eyes because he couldn't imagine what would happen if he wasn’t saved last night.

Jimin hugged him tighter, not wanting to cry, which would make Jin more sad. He can understand what his best friend was going through, and the guilt of letting Jin go with Teahyung was still in Jimin.

Namjoon filed a complaint against Teahyung, but Teahyung, using his power, easily came out without any big penalty or punishment. This angered him more. If Jungkook hadn't stopped Namjoon, he would have killed him with his own bare hands.

Namjoon checks on Jin every night to see if he is having any nightmares. Sometimes he fell asleep watching his brother sleep. And fortunately, Jin didn’t have any nightmares after that. It may be because he has been saved, and that feeling has vanquished his fear.

As the days passed, Jin's finals came, and he was busy preparing for the exams. But the pain of losing Jungkook doesn’t leave his heart. It was still not fully healed. He made excuses to not show up in front of Jungkook whenever he came to his house with Namjoon. And Jungkook also doesn’t try to contact Jin. The last time he had a conversation with Jungkook was when he visited him at the hospital. Jin thanked him for saving him that day, and they ended their conversation briefly because of the awfulness they felt in the environment.

*

“Did you really take this decision by yourself, or did your father force you?” Namjoon asked in disbelief.

“No, I was the one who put forward this decision.” Jungkook said calmly.

“But to my knowledge, you are not a person who likes to stay abroad with your family. Why the sudden change?"

“Changes are good, Namjoon.” Then Jungkook’s gaze shifted to Jin, who was having a talk with Jimin in the backyard.

“For everyone.” He said that and looked away when Jin suddenly looked in his direction.

“And about the marriage?”

“I will invite you all once it's fixed. Be there when I call you, and I don’t want to hear any excuses from your side.”

“Aresso.”

Namjoon smiled and hugged his best friend, who was nothing but a true definition of pure friendship from the very beginning.

“Iam going to miss you, man.”
Namjoon said between their hugs.

“Me too.” Jungkook said this and bitterly smiled.

The news of Jungkook leaving abroad came as a hurricane for Jin. He knows he can't make him stay, but the desire to see his first love every day, even though he is not his, is still in Jin's heart, despite all the pain that he is feeling. The days without Jungkook will be like another world for Jin. He was not ready for this, but he had no other option but to let him go.

He told his hyung that he had a headache when Namjoon asked to accompany him to say goodbye to Jungkook. And the day when Jungkook left was the day he cried the most in his life. It hurts and hurts and hurts more. Jimin was always there to comfort him, and he was very grateful for that. As his gloomy days continued, he became suffocated by all the pain and decided to take a break.

*
“How about this one?” Yoongi showed another apartment for Namjoon on his phone.

They were looking for a new place to move because Namjoon feels it will change Jin's mood. He also noticed the changes in Jin and the way he was always gloomy after that incident. So he decided to look for a nice place to boost Jin's mood.

They were in the middle of selecting when Jinmin buddies entered the house. Jin stopped when he saw Namjoon and Yoongi in the living room. He slowly looked at Jimin, and Jimin nodded with assurance.

“Hyung” Jin called. Namjoon looked up from Yoongi’s phone.

“Ah, Aegi, we were waiting for you. Come and select a nice apartment you like, or we will go for a rental house, whatever you like.” Namjoon signaled Jin to come closer.

“But before that, I have to tell you something.” This gained Yoongi’s attention.

Namjoon frowned in confusion and looked at Jin to continue.

“I decided to move to Busan."

“What?” Namjoon asked in utter shock with a high tone, which almost startled Jin. He saw this was coming, but he doesn’t want anything to stop him from making his decision.

“I have applied for transfer to a college in Busan.” Jin said after gathering all his confidence.

“But why? You haven’t even discussed it with me. Why are you applying for a transfer?"

“I don’t like here. I don’t want to stay in this place, which gives me so many bad memories. I wanted to take a break from everything that was disturbing me and my mind."

When Jin fell silent, Namjoon could feel the pain in Jin's every word. After taking a moment, Namjoon spoke.

“Ok, I will search for a nice place for us in Busan.”

"I am going alone.”

“WHAT?” Now this caused Evertone to tense up because a mad Namjoon was so much to handle.

"I am going alone and going to stay in the college hostel.”

“Are you crazy? Why are you going alone and making the decision to stay at a hostel? I know we are a middle-class family, but don’t worry about the money. I can afford a nice place for us and the expenses for your study.”

"It's not about money.” Jin shouted after trying to make his brother understand.

"It's about me. I want to be alone. I want to heal myself.” Jin said, looking into Namjoon’s eyes with determination.

“No, I can't let you alone after everything that has happened this far. I can't bear to see you in any vulnerable situations again.”

"Hyung, don’t worry about me. I will become stronger and safer. I promise that.” Jin came closer to Namjoon.

“No, I can never let you go alone. I have chosen a nice place to move on, and we are going to stay there.”

“I don’t want that. I want to be alone. I want to live independently. Don’t tie me to you all the time. Let me explore my life by myself.” Jin shouted back.

“You should follow what I say and stay with me because I am your hyung." Namjoon's angry shout filled the room.

“YOU ARE NOT MY HYUNG.”

Everyone was shocked after hearing the unexpected statement from Jin.

“You are not my own hyung. I am not your own brother."

Jin's voice breakdown caused Namjoon’s eyes to tear up upon hearing the bitter truth, which he never wanted to hear from Jin.