The confessions and Promises

Namjoon smiled when Jimin opened the door, but he didn’t get the smile in return from Jimin. Jimin showed a blank face in response.

“Jin goes to the supermarket.” Jimin said as he walked away from Namjoon without turning back.

“I know.”

Namjoon said getting inside, which stopped Jimin suddenly, but he continued his walk after a sec.

“What do you want to drink?" Jimin asked as he made his way to the kitchen.

“I wanted to talk with you."

Jimin stood where he was silently without moving, and he could feel Namjoon coming closer to him. Namjoon held Jimin’s hands and made him walk with him, and Jimin didn’t protest. They took a seat on the couch, then Namjoon looked at Jimin, who was looking everywhere but not Namjoon.

“I wanted to make it clear that I didn’t mean anything wrong yesterday. If my statements hurt you, I am truly sorry for that. I didn’t intentionally implied anything."

Jimin then slowly looked at Namjoon, and Namjoon continued.

“You are someone I will love to hang out with. You were always with Jin and in our house, so basically, you are with us every time, and that’s what I meant. We are together almost every day. Even after you left, you called me often and gave me great company, and I wanted to say that I enjoyed spending every minute with you. So don’t be upset, and be cheerful. I have always been a fan of your bright side.”

The last words made Jimin smile. He finds it funny. Within minutes, Namjoon plucked out every surrow inside his heart. That is something he loves in Namjoon. He makes him feel comfortable in every moment.

He doesn’t know when he fell for his best friend's brother. It may be when he witnessed Namjoon’s endless love for his brother, or it may be when he made him feel comfortable, or it may be when he made his days pleasant with his existence after Jin left Busan. Yes, Jimin was also going through so many things in his life, and Jin's departure made it even worse. But Namjoon cheared and supported him those days, whether in his studies or in his personal life.

"I am leaving tonight."

Namjoon’s words halted Jimin from his thoughts, and it gave him a little ache in his heart.

“I told Jin not to come to depart me since it will be very late when we leave. So I am here to say goodbye also. Enjoy your life and don’t let anyone or anything let you down, ok?”

Jimin nodded like a baby, feeling both happy and sad at the same time.
Then Namjoon stood up and smiled and then turned to leave. Jimin's heart raced in fear. The fear of worrying if his love will become an unrequited one.

“S-Stop” At last, when Namjoon opened the door, Jimin took courage and stopped him.

“I wanted to say something to you.” He said that and walked to where  Namjoon's was quickly.

“You really like not using honorifics with me, right?” Namjoon asked with a smile.

“Yes, but it's not like what you mean.” Jimin said. He was still feeling nervous inside but decided not to show it out.

“Then?”

Namjoon sharply looked into Jimin’s eyes. He was just playing with Jimin, but Jimin feel like he would faint at any time after hearing that.

“I like you.” Jimin said in a breath.

“Oh, thank you for saying that. I like you too. Have a good day, Jimin."
Namjoon said and turned to leave, But

“No, I love you!" Jimin screamed to make Namjoon understand.

Namjoon froze where he was, and it took some time for him to turn back at Jimin, who was still standing near the door.

“Ever since you started to make me feel comfortable, I fell for you. I'm not joking; I'm deadly serious. I don’t want your reply now. Take your time, I will Wait no matter how long it takes. Have a safe journey.”

Jimin quickly closed the door after that and ran inside the bedroom.

“I can't believe I just confessed.”

*

Jin confusedly looked at the place they had reached when Jungkook stopped the car. He gazed around while Jungkook opened the door and got out. Jungkook smiled, seeing Jin still sitting inside the car. He opened the door for Jin, And

“Come out,” he said.

“Whose house is this?” Jin asked curiously while getting out by holding Jungkook’s hand.

Jungkook chuckled upon hearing the question, and Jin gasped.

“How many houses do you really have?" Jin asked, not believing that the huge house in front of him was Jungkook’s.

"It's not my house. Its ours.” Jungkook said, looking into Jin’s eyes. Jin got more shocked after hearing that.

“O-our's?" He asked.

“Yes. I want us to live here after we get married and settle down. I want us to take our relationship to the next level.”

Jin doesn’t say anything. He stood there and froze.

“Is he proposing to me indirectly?” He was still unable to believe that the love of his life had just told him about their marriage.

“What?” Jungkook asked when he didn’t get any response from Jin after a few seconds.

“You are doing all these by yourself for us, and I don’t have anything to give you. I am sorry; I didn’t prepare anything for us.”

Jin said, as he felt sad, that he didn’t think about or put any effort into taking their relationship to the next level.

Jungkook came closer to Jin and held Jin’s hands.

“You. Just you. That’s all I want."

Jungkook can see those alpaca eyes are turning into glassy ones after hearing his words, So

“Don’t you want to look around? Come, I will show you.”

He quickly pulled Jin with him inside, not wanting to see those eyes making more tears.

*

"It's really beautiful.”

Jin said, standing in the middle of the huge living room, gazing over the interiors and works of the house.

"I am happy that you liked it. Come upstairs, and I will show you the room that I have designed."

Jin got more shocked hearing that, but Jungkook didn’t give him time to respond. Jungkook was busy showing him their new house.

“And this one is our bedroom.”

Jungkook said this when they entered the room. Jin smiled upon seeing Jungkook use light pink, his favorite color for the room. It has a huge bed, an attached bathroom, a cute cubtoad, and a small table stand.
Jin stood there silently, his eyes roaming around the features of the room in awe. Jungkook took his phone and captured the moment on it.

Jin slowly walked towards the bed and touched it to feel its texture. And satisfied with the softness he felt.

“I think I have done a good job in designing this room.” Jungkook said as he was coming closer to Jin after putting the phone on the table stand.

“I didn’t expect this much from you.”

Jungkook smiled, but when he saw Jin’s face, when Jin turned to him, his smile slowly faded, seeing the tear-flowing eyes. Jin cupped Jungkook’s face and looked at those eyes with love—the love that he all had to give it to Jungkook.

“I will love you until the very last. I will promise you that we will live happily with our families. We could have countless dates, endless kitchen dances, and a room filled with giggles and happiness. I will love you as much as I can, with all my heart. Because we both deserve a happy life."

Jin slowly sealed a warm kiss on Jungkook’s lips. It was a quick one, but it will last forever in their lives.

“And I promise you that I will always be with you to make our lives happy.”

Jungkook tightly hugged Jin, who was now crying with happy tears in his hold.

What they failed to notice was that Jungkook's phone kept buzzing on the table, displaying an unsaved number.