Chapter 12 : Attack on territory

This had never happened to him before. To feel alone. On the other hand, being alone was something he knew by heart. When he was focused on his reading, locked away in his manor, Voldemort managed to forget the world and being alone was even a relief whose precious nature he could not describe. So what ? What had changed? It must have been that stupid idea he had to go straight to bed after leaving the omega. He had thus put their mixed odors in his sheets and without knowing why, he had forbidden his house elf to change them ever since. It's been a week. Or almost. It hadn't been easy to get along with the youngster, the omega had strong ideas and he was as stubborn as a hippogriff. With the ability to deal almost as much damage. At least, Voldemort assumed so. Either way, Harry had to be powerful to be able to carry their young. Few of the carriers could support twins and they stopped working by the fourth month of pregnancy as the baby demanded more and more magic. So Harry's resilience was not only surprising but worthy of admiration.

Voldemort growled. So ! Now he was thinking about the omega and even calling him by his first name in his mind instead of keeping a distance which would be welcome. He ran a hand over his face. He had of course made good progress in his work, he remained a war machine in this regard and he had even made up for the delay caused by his rut. Abraxas had done a good job of making sure no one took his absence as an opportunity to do anything wrong. So much more effective than Lucius, the future Lord Malfoy still lacked a little toughness. He was definitely less scary than his father anyway, which was surprising in an alpha. Well, now was not the time to get lost again. The meeting was about to begin and he had better get on his way to the Wizengamot room. New laws had to be passed.

Carefully closing the door to his office behind him, Voldemort entered the corridors. Everyone moved aside and bowed as he passed, they had learned their lessons well. He hid an amused and mocking smile. He had to remain magnanimous and good, right? Until the next one who deserved his nerves over it. And seeing the crowd in front of the room, he could tell that it wouldn't be long. He coughed to make his presence known. A saccharine secretary with the look of a dead toad smiled at him and he found her pink sweater perfectly horrible while she simpered.

-Milord, the Grand Secretary has forbidden us to enter under any circumstances. There's no shortage of ass...

-Silence.

Voldemort knew that Lucius would not do such a thing in vain. So he opened the door to the room and slipped inside. To freeze on the threshold, a little surprised by the spectacle. On the ceiling, hanging from the chandeliers, several bloody bodies were dropping dark red drops onto the oval table of the Wizengamot. Lucius was not alone, Barty Crouch Jr was standing there too, like any good Minister of Justice. The two men didn't seem to know what to do and were whispering furiously in low voices. Voldemort looked up at the chandeliers to try to recognize the dead. He didn't know any of them. However, a bad feeling ran down his spine.

-How could this happen?

His voice startled his two subordinates who quickly turned towards him. If Barty also looked scared and amazed as he bowed, Lucius, always more lucid, apologized for not having come to warn him sooner.

-We do not know, Milord. I fear that security within the Ministry may be compromised.

-And it was you, Barty, who was supposed to ensure said security.

And the man couldn't complain about the number of Aurors. The United Kingdom was even one of the safest states, despite the tendency of some Death Eaters to sometimes tease the boundaries because they bore its Mark. Like the Averys who got angry quite quickly and were therefore quick to give punishments. Barty nodded eagerly.

-I will find the reasons for all this, Milord, I assure you.

Voldemort immediately saw the fanatical glint that lit up the younger man's eyes. For him, Barty would turn the world upside down. He nodded, turning back to Lucius.