New Home

The Sullys grabbed their belongings from their ikrans, handing some stuff to the Metkayina teens to help carry, before following them towards the village mauris.

They walked for a while, observing their surroundings with caution.

The ground consisted of bouncy flax weaved together to create a trampoline like structure, stretching between every mauri.

The mauris were also made out of flax, although they had a stronger base to them.

The salty water of the ocean crashed below their feet, as they walked.

They all arrived at the Sullys new home shortly after.

It was a big mauri, as they had a big family.

And the oldest man and boy were somewhat famous to Navi culture.

The chief and Tsahik couldn't have them in a shabby, run down home.

"Here is your new home" Tsireya said dropping one of the mats she was holding.

It was a heavy mat, so it made a loud bang as it hit the floor, this caused Neteyam to flinch, shutting his eyes, his breath turned shaky.

He didn't like sudden noises, or yelling. Because it took him back to the base he was kept in for 3 weeks, by the RDA.

They tortured him everyday, they threw things at him, binded his hands and feet to a wall, even slashing a great big cut from his collar bone to his neck.

But the most traumatizing thing, was when Quaritch held a gun to his head, screaming at him, trying to get the boy to tell him where the Omatikayan high camp was located.

When he refused to say anything, he shot the gun.

The bullet missed him by 2 centimeters due to another avatar pushing him away, but the sound was deafening.

Aonung noticed, observing the boy with a worried look.

Neteyam calmed himself quickly, before looking up into the same bright blue eyes, instantly relaxing.

"It's not too bad" Jake said "this is great right" he added while looking around, observing the different ways that the homes are made in the reef, compared to the forest.

"Yes it is lovely, what are your names again sweetheart" Neytiri spoke kindly to Tsireya.

"My name is Tsireya, and this is my brother Ao'nung" Tsireya said pointing to the boy stood next to her, who was still staring at the Sullys oldest boy.

Aonung stood staring into the boys eyes, wondering why he had flinched so bad at the sound of the mat dropping.

His family seemed to not have noticed, but he did.

"Ao'nung!" She scolded, nudging him in the arm when he didn't respond.

"Huh, oh sorry, hello, it's nice to meet you" Ao'nung said finally looking away from the oldest boy and giving the 'I see you' greeting to the family

They all returned it.

"What are your names?" Aonung asked

"I'm Jake, this is my wife Neytiri, my daughter Kiri, my son Lo'ak, this is Tuk my youngest and this is my oldest Neteyam" Jake spoke pointing at each child as he said their names

"Well it is nice to meet you, we will be getting to know each other better soon, as we will be teaching you our ways" Aonung spoke, his eyes once again landing upon Neteyams, not daring to let go any longer than he had to.

Neteyam was also still staring at the boy, wondering what was going on between them.

Something just felt different about the way he looked at him, his eyes calmed him.

They couldn't keep their eyes off each other

"We will leave you for today to get settled in, and we will be back here tomorrow morning to start the lessons with you three, Mr and Mrs Sully my parents will come get you and Tuk they'll take you to the children's classes" Tsireya spoke kindly pointing to each family member.

"Very well, thank you Tsireya we will see you tomorrow, have a good night will you" Jake said smiling at the girl.

"We will, have a good night, enjoy your new home" Tsireya said biding them goodbye, heading for the opening of the mauri

When she noticed Aonung wasn't following behind her, she turned to him.

"Aonung, come on" She scolded walking back and grabbing her brothers arm, dragging him along behind her

"Bye forest boy" He signed with his hands, winking to the boy.

"Bye reef boy" Neteyam signed back, a bit taken aback by the wink, but more taken aback by the fact he had just signed something.

Neteyam didn't know any sign language, let alone the Metkayina one.

Something was different about this boy, he felt like he had known him his whole life.

Their eye contact relaxed him.

"Right kids, let's get this house sorted, unpack your stuff, and get ready for bed" Jake said starting to unpack.

The kids unpacks all of their stuff, setting up their beds, as it was getting late.

In the midst of that, Loak came up to Neteyam

"What was that about?" He asked

"What was what about?" Neteyam asked confused

"You and Aonung I think his name was, you guys were just staring at each other" Loak said recalling the interaction "I don't think I seen either of you blink" he added, a little confused, but mostly curious.

876 words
Please vote and comment, it means the world to me
:)