Messed Up Plans

Another month went by, long after Neteyam went back home.

His father had apologized, saying he was only mad because he was worried about him.

One morning, Tsireya was getting ready for a day hunt with Aonung. A hunt that had been planned by their father.

Her brother sleeping peacefully across the room.

"Aonung get up" she called from across the room.

When he didn't wake up, she chucked before standing back and throwing a pillow at his head

"Aonung, get the fuck up" Tsireya yelled

"Alright, alright, I'm up" He yelled back siting up straight in his bed.

"Get your ass ready, we gotta go, it's nearly lunch" she yelled walking to the other side of the mauri

Aonung got himself ready. He tidied his hair up, quickly grabbed a bite of fruit, before they set off for the ocean.

They walked along the beach. Nearly at the water, when Aonung spotted a figure sitting in the sand.

It was Neteyam.

Aonungs face lit up with excitement.

Tsireya noticed, chuckling and nudged her brother's shoulder.

"You can go to him if you want, I know the waters" Tsireya said "I'll be fine" She added.

"Are you sure?" Aonung asked, turning to her

"Yes Nung, I'm sure. Go have fun with your crush" she giggled

"Stop calling him that" he said blushing

"Nope" She giggled turning around, entering the water.

"Whatever, thank you" Aonung called to her

"No problem brother" she called, not turning her head.

Aonung walked up to the boy, his eyes were shut leaning against a tree.

"Hey Teyam" Aonung said

"Shit Nung, you scared me. Hey" Neteyam replied jolting up from his rest.

"Sorry" Aonung said, sitting down next to the boy

"It's alright I guess, reef boy. What are your plans for today?" Neteyam asked

"Well I was going hunting with Tsireya, but we seen you and she said I could come hang out with you today instead" Aonung smiled

"Choosing me over your sister, you like me that much" Neteyam smirked boldly

"I do like you that much" Aonung giggled

"Well I like you enough to waste my day with you" Neteyam smiled

The two shared a laugh at their painfully obvious way of flirting.

Continuing their day together. It went by slowly, just how they liked it.

The end of the day came and eclipse was threatening to break. Both deciding it was time to go home.

They bid their goodbyes, hugging each other calmly as they usually did, before heading back to their mauris.

When Aonung got home, he was met with his mother pacing around the living room, bitting her fingernails. His father sitting down, bouncing his leg up and down.

"Mom dad? What's wrong?" He asked, his non existent eyebrows furrowing in worry.

"There you are, where's your sister?" Ronal asked frantically rushing up to him.

"She went hunting today, is she not back?" He asked getting more worried.

"No she's not, you were supposed to be with her, where were you?" Tonowari asked, standing up.

"She said she would be fine. I was training with Neteyam" Aonung said, his ears lowered, his worry growing fearful

"We must search for her" Ronal said, quickly making her way to the beach.

Aonung and Tonowari followed close behind her.

547 words
Please vote and comment, it means the world to me
:)