Battle Scars

TW
TRAUMATIC EVENTS
VIOLENCE
KIDNAPPING

"Morning" Neteyam breathed, his voice deep and groggy.

"Morning beautiful" Aonung said "how was your sleep?" He added

"It was good, your very warm for a reef boy" Neteyam smiled, his eyes still droopy from his sleep.

"And you're very cold for a forest boy" Aonung smiled, pulling the boy closer to him.

The two remained cuddling close. Their body temperatures syncing up.

Aonungs continued flowing his fingers along Neteyams soft skin up to the scar on the boys neck.

"What happened?" Aonung asked curiously looking at the giant scar.

"It's a long story" Neteyam replied looking into the boys eyes.

"We have all day" Aonung said softly, still lightly stroking the boys neck.

Neteyam exhaled deeply.

He trusts the boy, but he is still healing from the trauma that caused his scars.

"You don't have to, I'm just curious as to what could hurt a beautiful thing like you" Aonung calmly said.

Neteyam blushed at the compliment.

"No it's ok, I'm ready to tell you" Neteyam breathed.

He moved to sit up, but was stopped by Aonung.

Aonung moved himself back towards the tree, dragging Neteyam with him.

He leaned against it, crossing his legs for Neteyam lean his head on.

Aonung began playing with the boys braids gently as he started speaking.

"As you know, I grew up with war" he started

"As a young warrior, and the oldest son of Toruk Makto, a lot was expected of me on missions. One day when I was 14, the sky people raided our mid camp hidden in the lower mountains. Most got to safety, but some were still in there, so I went to help my father try get them out. I had just gotten two young girls out of a tent, when someone grabbed me" he said taking a big, deep breath.

"They binded my hands and feet together, and took me to their base in the forest. I was there for three weeks. They tied me to the wall, where they threw heavy things at me, screamed, slapped, punched, kicked me. I had to take it, because I couldn't move. I was starved for days, and when they did feed me, it was only small amounts of scraps. Their favorite thing to do to me, was taking their knifes, and cutting me. Each taking turns. Most of these are from that" he said lifting up his arms, and pointing to the numerous scars that adorned them. His stomach, legs and back too.

Aonung just sat there, his eyes wide, slightly shaking with anger and sadness as the boy continued

"This one, was done by Quaritch" he said pointing to the big scar on his neck, his eyes watering "He was trying to get me to tell them where the high camp was, as he knew that's where my father would be. When I didn't say anything. He took his knife, held it to my throat. I still refused to tell them anything. So he pressed deep and dragged his knife down my neck. It bled like crazy" he sniffled, tears falling down his face slowly

Aonung felt his own tears pouring as he continued listening to the boy. Not wanting to interrupt him. Knowing that the boy needed to get this stuff out.

"But I still didn't tell him anything. He got real angry. He took his gun, held it to my head, and said he'd kill me if I didn't tell him. I still refused, knowing he would kill my family. He went to pull the trigger, when another avatar pushed him. The gun went off right by my head, missing me by centimeters. But the sound was deafening. That's why I flinch at loud noises" He cried, tears now streaming down his face.

Aonung continued playing with Neteyams braids, trying to calm him down.

"About an hour went by, and there was banging outside the door of the room I was in. I looked to the window they had, and saw my mother run past" he said crying harder at that memory.

FLASH BACK
NETEYAMS POV

"Mom...? Mama... Mama.... MAMA" I scream seeing her run past the glass.

'I have to get to her' I think

I pull and tug at my handcuffs, not caring if they cut my skin anymore.

Dazed and lightheaded from the cut.

Using my teeth, I bite and pull at them, using all my strength.Breaking them off.

Standing up shaking, covered in my own blood, walking to the door, my vision goes blurry and I stumble into the table.

Regaining my balance and vision, I shake my head, moving forward going to open the door.

It opened in my face.

My mother covered in blood, standing in the door.

"Neteyam" she whispered running to me, scooping me up into a very tight hug.

"mama" I cried, gripping her tightly, as if Id never see her again.

"shhhhh my baby, it's ok, I'm here, I'm here" she cooed stroking my head gently, rocking us back and forth.

END OF FLASH BACK

"She killed them, recused me, took me home, and treated my wounds. The whole time I just sat there, staring off into nothing. I felt so lost, broken. Something died in me that day, I haven't been the same since. My mom is the only one who understands what I went through " Neteyam spoke solemnly still crying "that's why I vowed to never let someone hurt me again. And I became known as 'The Last Shadow', they could no longer hurt me, because I would kill them before they got the chance" he added coldly

Once he finished talking, he turned his head around to his boyfriend.

Aonung was crying, just as much as he was.

"Ma'Nung, why are you crying" He said

"Because I feel so guilty for you. You didn't deserve any of that. Teyam I am so sorry" Aonung said pulling Neteyam into the tightest of hugs they'd ever had.

"It's not your fault Nung. My mother killed them, they got what they deserved" Neteyam said still crying as he nuzzled his face in Aonungs neck.

"Still, they left you with terrible scars and massive trauma" Aonung cried "I know it was hard but thank you for telling me, I understand now" he added

Neteyam only cried louder.

"You are the most beautiful and kindest person I have ever met. I will never let anyone hurt you ever again" Aonung said "Never again" he added crying into Neteyam hair.

1082 words
Very long chapter I know, but I had to get very detail of Neteyams ordeal.
Please vote and comment, it means the world to me
:)