Apologies

It was nearly eclipse, and both boys sat on the beach together.

"We should probably head home now. My parents are going to be mad I didn't come home last night" Neteyam said.

"Yeah you probably right. My parents are gonna be mad because I ran off all angry" Aonung sighed

"It'll be ok, they will understand you were mad. Just tell them you were with me" Neteyam said holding Aonungs hand gently.

"Yeah I will. Hopefully they aren't too mad" Aonung sighed

"I'm sure they won't be. Unless we don't go home now" Neteyam smiled

He lent in for a short and gentle kiss.

Aonung returned the kiss, moving his hand to the side of Neteyams face.

"I'll see you tomorrow" Neteyam whispered, pulling away from the kiss.

"See you tomorrow" Aonung said, placing a small kiss on Neteyams nose.

Watching as the boy blushed, before he stood up and walked away, back to his mauri.

Aonung stood up slowly. Worried for how much yelling he was going to get when he returned home.

He made his way to his mauri, before stopping outside the flap.

Aonung took a deep breath before stepping inside his mauri.

He was met with his parents and sister in the room. Their eyes all landing on him.

Ronal stood up, rushing over to her son, wrapping him in a tight hug.

"Where have you been?" She asked, stroking Aonungs hair.

"I stayed with Neteyam" Aonung said separating the hug

"Son" Tonowari spoke "I'm so sorry for yelling at you last night" he added

"It's alright dad" Aonung replied lowering his head as his father came closer to him.

"No it's not alright. I shouldn't have blamed you for it. I was just really scared for your sister, and you. You were supposed to be with her, and when you both didn't come back we got worried. You came back without her, and it flipped a switch. Your sister was missing, and I blamed you for it, when it wasn't your fault" Tonowari said moving to hug his son.

"Thank you dad. But you're right it was my fault, I should have been there" Aonung said returning the hug.

"It is not your fault. As you said yesturday, the attack would have still happened even if you were there. Then we would've had two hurt children. I was just scared that your sister got hurt" Tonowari said pulling back and holding his son by his shoulders.

"Really Nung, it's not your fault. I told you that you could hang out with Neteyam instead of hunting with me. It's my fault for going outside the reef" Tsireya peeped from the corner.

She moved closer to Aonung, letting their father move out of the way.

Before she went in and hugged her brother tightly.