Crush

Loak knew Neteyam had feelings for Aonung, it was painfully obvious to the boy.

The next week, one day at training he pulled Neteyam aside from the group, when he noticed his and Aonungs locked eyes would never stray.

Stuck on each others like glue.

"You like Aonung" Loak said blankly

"No, I don't" Neteyam quickly said.

"Yes you do brother, I see it, it's so obvious, you two are always together, and you're always looking at each other. Direct eye contact. You like him" Loak said giggling and pushing his brother shoulder.

"Fine yes I do" Neteyam reluctantly gave in, looking over to where Aonung was sat on his ilu, the boy watching him.

"Why him though, just look at him" Loak said looking over to Aonung, scrunching up his face in slight disgust.

"Because I see him with my heart, not my eyes, Loak. There's more to him the what's on the outside" Neteyam said smiling at the realization of why his love for the boy was so strong.

"Then ask him out" Loak pushed

"No Loak, I don't know how he feels about me" Neteyam said

"Oh come on Teyam, you're not that thick. He's into you" Loak whined at his brother obliviousness

"Just leave it Loak, please" Neteyam begged heading back over to Aonung

Loak got over the fact that his brother was being a pussy when it came to Aonung, ultimately deciding to leave him alone.

Aonung also had a similar conversation with his younger sister later that day.

"Come on Aonung, it's so painfully obvious that you like him" Tsireya giggled, sitting next to her brother on his bed.

"No I don't Tsireya will you stop, please" he begged

"No I won't, not until you realize" she pushed

"Fine I like him" Aonung said giving in

"You are head over heels for that boy, all you do is talk about him, your always with him. Brother your in love with him. Admit it" Tsireya pestered

"I'm in love" Aonung muttered, his eyes widening from the realization.

"There you go" Tsireya said, her smile spread wide.

"I love him" Aonung said

"Then ask him out" she said, her annoyance at her brothers shyness growing.

"I can't" he said

"Yes you can! Why can't you?" she asked still annoyed

"Because I don't know if he likes me back" he said

"Oh come on Aonung. You guys are literally in love with each other, it's so obvious. You're just being a pussy" she laughed

"I am not a pussy" Aonung stated, a hand slapping to his chest as if he was just called the biggest insult know to Na'vi kind.

"You are a pussy. Man up. Ask him out. What's the worst that could happen?" she said

"He could reject me, he could think I'm using him like everyone else has" aonung said, standing up and pacing around his room

"Brother, he knows your not using him. You should hear how much he talks about you, Loak tells me everything" she said

"He does?" aonung asked, stopping in his tracks.

"Yes he does, so man up already and do it" She pushed

"I will, when I'm ready" Aonung said

"Fine, when your ready" tsireya said getting up to go to her room.

"I love you brother, you know that nothing will ever change that" she said stopping at the flap

"I know and I love you too sis" Aonung said

They didn't know how everyone else was so oblivious to their crushes on the other.

The two were always out exploring all over the island together. Aonung showed Neteyam every nook and cranny that could be found.

From the coral reefs, to the forest behind the village.

That was Neteyams favorite place. He climbed and swung from tree to tree, while Aonung walked below him, talking.

Aonung loved how happy Neteyam looked when he was in the forest.

His smile always stretched from ear to ear. His voice changed, from serious to calm.

And his laugh, boy did Aonung love hearing his laugh.

Neteyam was always a serious person, never straying from his morals and responsibilities.

But with Aonung he could let that go, bringing out his true self.

They spent every day in that forest, walking the same path, finding the biggest tree on the side of a clearing.

It became their new meeting spot every day and every night.

They layed in the dim light of the eclipse, silently in each other's company.

They felt at peace together, like they didn't have anything to hide.

They knew everything about each other after all, so the silence was always comfortable.

774 words
Please vote and comment, it means the world to me
:)