Its Your Fault

The three searched the whole reef, in and out of the water.

Nothing.

They decided to check outside the reef, by three brothers rocks, just in case she wondered too far.

That is where they found her, shaking and cold, sat on a rock above the surface of the water.

Her elbows and knees scraped with blood. Her ilu, nowhere to be found.

Tonowari lifted her up, gently placing her on the front of his Turak, stroking her head as they headed back to their mauri.

When they returned, Ronal patched Tsireyas wounds up as she told them what happened.

She was hunting like normal, inside the reef. Drifting a little, not realizing she was outside the reef, and continued her hunt.

When a dark shadow appeared below her.

An Akula.

The akula went for an attack, but she seen it coming, quickly instructed her ilu to swim away fast.

The akula chased her through the water, snapping at her ilus tail.

When it got close enough to nip the end of it, it caused the ilu to thrash around, throwing her off into a bed of coral, before speeding away.

The Akula trailing after it.

She managed to swim to a rock, climbing above it, calling out for her ilu.

It never returned.

She was left there for hours, scared, alone, and hurt.

Once she told them the full story, they kissed her goodnight and sent her off to bed.

Once she was gone, Tonowari turned to his son.

"Aonung, you were supposed to be with her. I told you specifically to go hunting with your sister." he yelled, his anger rising fast, becoming protective of his hurt daughter, even if it meant yelling at his son.

Aonungs ears lay stuck to his head.

"I'm sorry Father" Aonung said

"Sorry isn't going to cut it boy. Pull your fucking head in, she could have been killed, and it's your fault for not being there to protect her" Tonowari boomed

"How is it my fault, the Akula still would've attacked if I was there" Aonung yelled

"If you were there, it would have been easier to get away. But you weren't, you were with Neteyam. You're always with him, don't get me wrong, we love him like a son, but can't you spend some time with your sister. You're her older brother, you're supposed to protect her" Ronal spoke, her tone a mix of worry and slight anger.

"I know I'm supposed to protect her, but it's not my fault she was attacked" Aonung said, angry at his parents blaming him.

"Yes it is, because you weren't there" Tonowari screamed

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW SHE WOULD GO OUTSIDE THE REEF AND GET ATTACKED BY AN AKULA" Aonung screamed, louder than his father.

"DO NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME BOY" Tonowari screamed.

"Then don't blame me for something that isn't my fault" Aonung yelled

"Can you two stop yelling, Aonung we are mad because your sister is hurt and you weren't there to help her" Ronal said her tone growing calm.

"Son, I'm so sorry for yelling" Tonowari said growing calm. Amount only stared at him "but you should have been there" he added.

"It's not my fault, stop fucking blaming me" Ao'nung yelled.

Before running off into the night.

"Aonung" Ronal called. But Tonowari held her back, letting his son have the space he needed.

Aonung ignored them, running off to the only person he knew would comfort him.

582 words
Please vote and comment, it means the world to me
:)