Cuts

TW
SELF HARM TALK
SELF HARM SCARS

Both of them lay together, cuddling so tightly, it's like they'd never let go.

Aonungs heart is broken for his boyfriend. He felt all the pain that Neteyam felt while telling him, as their Tsaheylu's were still connected.

But one still very big question raids Aonungs mind

The boys cuts.

He knew that those thin lines of scars, were not ones given by the sky people, but by his own two hands.

Aonung himself had once struggled with self harm.

When his duty's got too overwhelming, He would go into the sea, find a sharp shell, and drag it along his skin.

Never deep enough to cause raised scars.

But Neteyams were deep. The skin was bubbled and raised, which is a sign that they had been deep when they were fresh.

One good thing Aonung seen with Neteyams cuts, is that non of them were fresh, they were all perfectly healed.

He still knew that the pain of them haunted Neteyam.

He thought maybe talking about them would help set the past in the past. Or well that's what worked for him.

He moved one of his arms from around the boy, gently dragging his hands down to Neteyams thigh.

"Love" he whispered softly

"Hm" Neteyam muttered, his face stiff from his dried up tears.

"Would you mind telling me what happened here" Aonung said cautiously.

Neteyam exhaled deeply again, as he looked up into Aonungs eyes.

"You know what those are" Neteyam stated, trying his best not to sound cocky as he said it

He knew that Aonung knew what they were, so why was he asking him about it.

"I do know what they are my love. I have my own" Aonung said smiling comfortably at the boy.

Neteyams head lifted up fully. Now leaning on his arms.

"You do?" He asked, growing worried for the boy. but also he felt comfort in the fact he told him.

"I do" Aonung replied sitting up, leaning on his elbows, lifting his arm and nodding his head towards it for Neteyam to see.

Neteyam sat up properly, taking Aonungs arm fully. Tracing his fingers gently over the faded scars.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I'll tell you what happened. And after, you can decide if you would like to tell me, If feels better if you tell someone, it takes some of the pain away" Aonung said gently pulling his arm back, to lean on it.

"Okay" Neteyam said, his eyes growing worried.

"When I was younger, my father put a lot of pressure on me to be the next Olo'eyktan. He'd send me on missions with the warriors, train me everyday, I never had a break. I would get overwhelmed, and do this, to take a bit of the mental pain off of my mind. But it never worked, I would only feel guilty after. Until it got so bad, I decided I needed help. I went to my parents and talked to them about it. Ever since then, my father has lightened up my duty's. And I've been better" Aonung finished.

"Nung I'm sorry, I know that responsibility too well" Neteyam replied.

"You don't need to be sorry love. I've healed from it. It's in the past now" Aonung said. "Do you think you're ready to tell me what happened?" He asked.

"Yeah" Neteyam breathed.

"Go ahead, take your time" Aonung replied

"I too had the responsibility of being the next Olo'eyktan. My father would take me on missions, on those missions, I seen death, lots of it. And after I was captured, when we'd go out on missions, I'd seek death. I was trying to seek revenge on what they did to me. I'd kill every Avatar that hurt my clan. They never saw me though. That's how I became 'The Last Shadow'. I killed so much, it took a toll on my mind. It hurt so bad that I had taken another life, it became too much, to the point where I didn't want to live anymore, so I cut myself. Trying to turn my mental pain into physical pain. I never worked and it only got worse and worse. I never told anyone, that's why their hidden" Neteyam finished saying, tears trickled down his cheek.

"Oh my love, it's ok, it's ok" Aonung cooded, pulling the boy back down onto him, hugging him tightly.

"I'm sorry for crying" Neteyam said

"Do not be sorry my love, I know how much it hurts. But I'm here, I'm here" Aonung spoke softly.

He cuddled with the boy in silence, until the sniffing stopped.

766 words
If you're struggling with self harm, please reach out to someone, you don't have to go through it alone.

Please vote and comment, it means the world to me
:)