See Me Angry

When he arrived to that very place, the boy he was looking for was already there.

Aonung came storming into the clearing, right where Neteyam sat.

"Aonung what is it? What happened? Are you ok?" Neteyam asked standing up and moving towards Aonung, worried at how frantically the boy was moving.

"Its my fucking father" Aonung said trying to calm himself

"Why what happened, are you hurt?" Neteyam asked, moving to check him for wounds

"No I'm not hurt. I was supposed to go hunting with Tsireya today right, but I didn't. Well she ended up outside the reef and an Akula attacked her" he said pacing around, shaking Neteyam off, trying to shield him from his anger.

"Wholey shit, an Aukla. is she ok?" Neteyam asked, worried for his friend but also for his "best friend"

"Yeah she's ok, we found her a little hurt, but she's fine. But my fucking father, and my mother, are blaming me for it. They're saying its my fault that she got attacked. That I should have been there to help her" Aonung said through tight gritted teeth.

"But it's not your fault" Neteyam said plainly

"I know but they insist on blaming me for it" Aonung said

Silence abrupted between the two.

The only thing that could be heard was the sound of the wind blowing through the trees, and Aonungs loud footsteps.

Aonung was pacing angrily around their meeting spot, bitting his finger nails, his eyes scrunched up, trying his best to stop himself from screaming.

Neteyam sat on the ground fiddling with his fingers, watching him. Waiting for him to calm down so they could talk it out.

Aonungs anger rose the more he thought about the situation. He was going to break, and he was no about to do it in front of Neteyam.

His pacing abruptly stopped. Turning his body to face away from Neteyam, staring off into the distance.

Neteyams head flicked up, only to be faced with Aonungs back to him.

"Please go home Teyam, I don't want you to see me like this" Aonung spoke as calmly as he could.

"See you like what?" Neteyam asked confused, looking up at him.

"See me angry" Aonung said still staring out into the distance.

"Then be angry, why do I have to leave?" Neteyam asked getting more worried at the boys behavior, moving to stand up.

"You think I don't notice every time you flinch" Aonung said turning to face Neteyam, his eyes full of sympathy for the boy.

Neteyam stood dead in his place, his heart dropping.

Aonung had noticed all the times he had flinched from sudden notices or yelling. He had seen the broken and struggling part of him, a side he was trying so desperately to hide.

"I-" was all Neteyam got out, before being interrupted

"I don't want to scare you" Aonung said frowning, he was still livid at his father, but trying to be calm for Neteyams sake.

He turned back around to face Neteyam, but looked around, anywhere but the boys eyes.

"You weren't supposed to see that. But I can deal with it Nung, you're mad and you have every right to be" Neteyam said walking closer to the boy. Trying to look him in the eyes.

But Aonung wouldn't, he kept avoiding the boys search for eye contact.

"I can't do that to you, I see you flinch all the time, I don't want to trigger you, but I don't know if I can handle keeping it in for longer" Aonung frowned, still not looking at Neteyam.

"Then let me help you take your mind off the anger" Neteyam said gently grabbing Aonung by the chin, turning his avoiding gaze to face him.

625 words
Please vote and comment, it means the world to me
:)