Getting To Know You

"Hey Aonung" Neteyam said smiling up at the boy.

"What you doing out so late?" Aonung asked

"I was bored and my family's all asleep, what are you doing up" Neteyam replied, motioning his hand for Aonung to sit next to him

"I'm just going my nightly wonder, I knew I'd find you here" Aonung said sitting down

Their eyes locked on the others.

Entranced

"And how did you know that?" Neteyam asked raising his non existent eyebrow

"I see you here every night, just watching the sea" Aonung smirked

"Stalking me now?" Neteyam asked crossing his arms

"Not at all. Just watching everything your doing" Aonung said crossing his arms too

"That's literally stalking" Neteyam laughed

"Fine, Im stalking you" Aonung smiled

"Why?" Neteyam asked genuinly interested

"I want to get to know you" Aonung replied

"Then get to know me, don't just watch me, that's creepy Aonung. Come over, I don't bite" Neteyam spoke

"Well that's what I'm doing isn't it" Aonung pointed out

"Alright then, what do you want to know?" Neteyam asked.

"Everything" Aonung said

The two boys sat talking for hours.

Late into the night.

Neteyam told Aonung about everything, he told him about most of his missions with the warriors back home, leaving out the ones that brought him the biggest trauma.

He told him about all the good times he had with his siblings, how he watched over them, raised them, protected them.

He also told him personal things too, like past relationships, friendships, struggles, fights, everything but his demons

Aonung also told Neteyam everything about his life. How he basically raised his sister, all his trainings, and conflicts. But also the good things, like how he met Rotxo and his favourite hunting missions. Personal things too.

They made this a routine. Every chance they got at trainings and every night after dinner meeting down at the beach and talking.

Adding new things onto the story's they told. Asking many questions and getting many answers

By the end of the week the two knew everything about each other.

The two boys also found out that their birthdays were only a day apart.

They had both recently turned 18. Just a month before the Sullys arrived at Awa'atlu

Neteyam on the 14th and Aonung on the 15th.

When they found out they practically shared a birthday, they came up with the idea of joining their birthday party's together, 10 months beforehand.

Their friendship grew over the weeks, and they became best friends.

Teyam and Nung were their nicknames they had for each other. Forest boy and Reef boy too.

The two stayed for dinner and spent the night at each others houses, they had extra training sessions (not that Neteyam needed them) more deep talks, learning more and more things about the other.

The two spent almost every waking minute together.

They knew so much to the point their feelings quickly grew from friendship to romantic.

They both expected that, but they didn't expect it to happen that quickly.

Both had a similar understanding that the other felt the same, only both were too nervous to act on them.

But there were signs of their attraction to each other, not only to them, but also to the people about them.

Hints, flirting, the nic-names, constantly being together.

Their family's were oblivious to the fact that the two were missing half the time, always knowing that if they were gone, they were with the other.

Not quite catching on to the twos true feelings towards each other. They truly thought they were just bestfriends.

All but Loak and Tsireya.

605 words
Please vote and comment, it means the world to me
:)

Soul Tied [Neteyam x Aonung]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें