An Old Friend

When he got there, Aonung was already waiting for him.

He stood up, running over to Neteyam. Pulling him into a tight hug.

Neteyam squeezed his arms around Aonungs waist, as he started to sob.

"Shhhhh, it's ok my love" Aonung cooed, stroking the boys hair.

"Who was spider?" He asked "you never told me about him" he added, pulling away from the hug, to look Neteyam in the eye.

"He's not a topic I really like to talk about" Neteyam said, his cheek stinging from the tears.

"You and kiri looked pretty upset, when he was mentioned" Aonung says.

"Yeah" Neteyam said sadly

"What happened?" Aonung asked, his eyes full of curiosity and caution. Siting down and leaning against a tree.

Neteyam took a deep breath as he sat down.

"I had an old friend, his name was Spider. He was a human boy, that was abandoned in the first war, where his mother Paz Socorro and his father Miles Quaritch had died" Neteyam spoke

"Wait Quaritch, as in the man hunting your family? the one who cut your neck?" Aonung asked, his eyes wide in realization.

"Yup, despite his father being Quaritch, my parents took him in and raised him as if he was their own. Kiri and I, being only a couple months younger than him, we were the closest. We did everything together, we grew up together" he said.

"I was out with Spider one day, when I told him where the new mid camp was. A small camp in the lower mountains, where some clan members stayed, to keep watch on what the sky people were doing. The only way to know where it was, was if you were an Omatikayan or one of them told you. I told spider where it was and showed him, because we would be going there a lot to get the information needed for our missions. Mid camp was raided the next day. Turns out, Spider tipped them off as to where it was. I was captured during that raid" Neteyam said, staring off into the distance, zoning out as he spoke.

Aonung listened silently.

"After my mother saved me, brought me home and treated my wounds, I went looking for him. He was the only person who could have told them. And I was right. The fucker admitted it to my face" Neteyam said, his face screwed up in anger.

FLASH BACK
NETEYAMS POV

Mama finished dressing my wounds, letting me go off into the village.

Heading to the only place I know I would find that fucking traitor.

Finding him deep in the mountains, running up to him.

I grab him by the hair, making him turn around to face me.

"It was you wasnt it?" I yell in his face.

This fucker doesn't even look sorry.

"Fucking answer me Spider" I yell louder, pulling his hair harder.

"Fuck, fine it was me, I told him" spider says, looking me in the eye, no remorse in them

"Why?" I yell.

"Because, he offered me a deal. Tell him where the mid camp was and he would tell me about my mother" Spider spat back in my face.

"You fucking piece of shit. I trusted you with that information Spider, and you go and tell your murderous fucking father" I scream yanking his head back as hard as I can.

"Of course I did, I didn't know a thing about my mother, now I do. It was an easy deal" Spider says coldly

I want to rip his mask off and watch him run out of air quicker than he can say 'fuck you'.

"I fucking trusted you and it led me to be captured for weeks, I was fucking tortured" I scream even louder.

"You see this, you fucking see this" I yell, ripping the bandages roughly off the fresh wound on my neck.

Feeling the cut start to ooze more blood, feeling it start to drip down my chest.

But he doesn't care. Not one fucking bit.

"This is what your fucking father did to me. And he wouldn't have found out where mid camp was, and taken me, if your little rat ass didn't tell him where to go" I scream, my anger rising.

"Be glad I didn't tell him where high camp was. If I did, everyone would be dead, including you" Spider says staring deeply into my soul.

"And you don't fucking care about loosing us, loosing your family?" I ask him, my grip still tight around his hair.

"Nope, I know things about my mother now, and I have a relationship with my father. You and your freak family don't mean a thing to me anymore" He spits, smiling wickedly.

I punch him square in the face, cracking his mask.

"I hope you fucking die from that cut on your neck" he spits, using his hand, pressing into my cut.

I screech in pain. Letting him go and smashing my fist into his face again. His mask cracking more.

"Fucking freak" he yells

"Fucking traitor" I yell back, watching as he runs off to fuck knows where.

END OF FLASH BACK

"Long story short, he was exiled from the clan. Now he's with Quaritch, probably helping him track us" Neteyam said, finally finishing the story.

"What the fuck. You guys grew up together and he threw that away like it was nothing" Aonung said, raged at the boy he's never met.

"Yup, called us freaks and ran off to his daddy" Neteyam said in a cocky tone.

"I'm so sorry Teyam" Aonung said, kissing Neteyams forehead gently.

"It's ok Nung, I havnt really talked about him since then, hearing Nalias question, brought everything back" Neteyam said

"She shouldn't have kept pushing, I'm sorry for her actions my love" Aonung said

"Nung, it's ok. You don't have to be sorry, it happened" Neteyam said

"I'm still going to say sorry, you shouldn't have had to deal with your bestfriend betraying you like that" Aonung said hugging Neteyam tighter

"I know, but he did. I know one day we will come face to face with each other again. He knows of my story's, he'll soon regret ever fucking with me and my family" Neteyam said, squeezing Aonung tighter as he thought about what he would do the moment he saw the traitor again.

He'd kill him for what he did.

1066 words
Long chapter I know, but it's needed information for the future.
Please vote and comment, it means the world to me
:)