Chapter 55 - Sun Village Pt. 2

Erza dove in front of Kai to take the first hit, and was knocked back into the smaller Dragon Slayer. He tumbled back and let go of his sword by accident. Minerva summoned it to her and then flicked it aside, holding it in a sphere.

"Won't be needing that, I believe," she said.

Erza and Kai got back up.

"What's the plan, then?" Kai asked as Minerva flung another few orbs at them.

"Not sure!" Erza exclaimed.

Kai and Erza darted apart. Kai sprinted at Minerva, who easily moved to dodge his attack and kicked him aside. He tried to twist around but couldn't find the right balance and slammed into a wall.

Kai peeled himself off and shook off the daze. He held his hand out.

"Fine then," he said. "You've asked for it!" He sucked in a breath. "Ice Dragon Roar!"

He opened his mouth and a little spew of magic came out.

"That doesn't seem—."

A massive stream erupted out from him and he flew back. Minerva howled with laughter, easily knocking Erza aside.

"What's wrong, boy?"

Kai landed and rolled away.

What's wrong indeed? Kai pursed his lips. Erza didn't seem to be fighting with magic; probably because any Requips she used would be too large. She could only summon tiny daggers with the hopes of those doing something against Minerva, as they were the only thing her tiny body could hold.

So what happened with Kai's magic? He grimaced. It had to do with him being a kid, no doubt, and when he had so little control over his magic.

Fine. Martial arts would have to do. He could adapt to this body.

Hopefully whatever was causing this body change would be gone soon. Kai and Erza could easily handle Minerva in a two-on-one fight.

Minerva launched magic at Erza with ease. Kai sprinted at her, sliding along the ice and kicking at her, but Minerva swept Kai aside with a bit of magic, teleporting him into a wall at great speed.

Kai growled and pushed himself off just before Minerva could crush him with her knee. Erza came flying in and Minerva batted her away. Kai stumbled back and was elbowed away by Minerva.

"Face it, you can't do anything against me," Minerva said. "Though I wish this weren't the method of your death, Erza, I suppose it'll have to do. Besides, I'll make you truly suffer."

She leaned down and picked up Kai, drawing the sword to his throat.

"No!" Erza cried.

Kai struggled but Minerva held him tight and drew the blade closer, a bit of blood seeping out onto the blade.

"Keep struggling," Minerva said. "It'll make this all the more worth it."

"You're sick, Minerva!" Kai shouted.

"No," Minerva said. "I'm back in control."

"What are you doing?" Erza shrieked. "This is what you want to do with your magic, this is how you want to live your life? To appease some Dark Guild, to kill us? Torture us?"

"I'm getting glee out of it, and isn't the point of life just to make yourself happy?" Minerva asked. "I could be doing more to him; be grateful his arms aren't twisted and snapped like a pretzel."

"You—."

Minerva slapped Kai's mouth with the flat of the blade, drawing blood. Kai stared at Erza's teary eyes. Minerva also had her foot down on her, keeping Erza in check. She'd completely dominated them.