Chapter 70 - Alvarez Pt. 6

Everyone roused just before dawn, taking a few moments to collect themselves. Erza, Lyon, and Kagura gathered their respective guilds to talk strategy.

Ultear, much to Juvia's dismay, made herself known to Fairy Tail, introducing her plan to the group. Erza wasn't a huge fan of it.

"I'm not sure how I feel about separating from the wall approach," Erza said.

"We have three Spriggans to deal with and honestly not a lot of people that can both take them on and defeat the remaining soldiers that have compacted the town," Ultear said.

"She's right," Laxus said. "If we can keep Gray and Lyon busy with creating the wall while Wendy and Carla fly around keeping our allies rejuvenated, it only makes sense for the rest of us to take on the Spriggans."

"We have to ensure that Dimaria will come out and away from everyone else," Ultear said. "That may reveal the positions of the other two. Wall is very excitable."

"And he'll be destroyed," Laxus said. "I'll see to him personally."

"How do we get Dimaria to come to us, specifically?" Kai asked. "Erza may be her prime target."

"I don't think so," Ultear said. "She has a sick obsession with innocence and youth. If anything, she'll have different targets."

"Wendy," Gray muttered.

The Sky Dragon Slayer shuttered. "M-me?"

"And Sherria," Kai said. "Plus you're our prime resource staying in the fight. If she cuts you out, we could lose all of our magic in this fight and be useless heading back to Magnolia."

"Their aim here is to completely cut off resources, magical or otherwise," Erza said. "But Mavis brought you here for a reason, Wendy. We have to assume it was to help us obliterate the forces here."

"Once we engage Dimaria, it won't be a problem," Ultear said.

"The rest will mostly be up to you, Juvia," Erza said. "You have to destroy all of their ships. Sink their fleet and they lose all means of retreat."

"Right," Juvia said. "Not a single ship will be left standing."

"We need to hit them as hard as we can," Erza said. "Stun them. We'll break their defenses and then break them."

Kai nodded, and Erza locked eyes with him. The only comfort Erza had in the plan was that Ultear requested Kai have Iggy as a backup. The only way to take on Dimaria would be in the way she proposed, and only those three would have the necessary skills to take her on.

The more Ultear hyped her up, the more Kai itched to fight her. It sounded as if she was one of the premier members of the Spriggan Twelve:

Dimaria Yesta, the Warrior Queen. A supreme combatant, unrivaled in her combative skills and respect in Alikitasia. She was cruel and bloodthirsty, sinister in how she defeated opponents. It only made sense that she would linger on Hargeon to probably torture and maim the town. Her powers, Ultear had ascertained, lay in the domain of time.

Ultear promised to neutralize those, but it would still leave a powerful opponent afterward. That's where Kai and Iggy had to come into play.

Everyone in Fairy Tail stepped aside. Kai and Iggy approached Ultear, who requested they go shortly after everyone else. Dimaria would not come out until the fighting had started.

Erza rounded up Lyon and Kagura and together the three ushered a great battlecry. Laxus summoned down lightning to char a path for them, and Gray and Lyon surged forward, creating ramps for them to use to jump over the town walls, and the assault on Hargeon began.