Chapter Fourteen

I am not pleased.

It's 5:45 and Jake is supposed to be here any minute. I had just gotten out of practice at five and I quickly drove home to jump in the shower. Now my hair has been washed, blow-dried, and half way curled.

And I am throwing a fit.

If you're a guy, you most likely don't understand, but girls, you must know what I mean. We all have those days where we swear that our hair must be a demon that's trying to ruin our day.

That's what my hair is doing now. Since I curl my hair in layers, I have finished the first layer and had moved onto the next when my hair decided to piss me off. No matter how many times I run that chunk of hair through the curler it falls back on my shoulders flat.

I give in to my evil hair after I've probably burned my hair permanently. I end up just putting it into a high ponytail, which I already hate.

I have never considered myself fat, but in no way am I your "perfect" size zero. I prefer to wear my hair down because then it hides my wide shoulders, whereas my hair pulled up makes them appear even wider.

I am waiting on the balls of my feet fifteen minutes later, waiting for the doorbell. I took my time doing my makeup, hoping it will take the attention off my obnoxiously wide shoulders.

When I hear the ding, I fly down the stairs and swing open the door. And finally I am facing him.

Jake.

I could look at him all day. He looks hot. Smoking hot. He wear in straight jeans that make his legs look amazing.

"I'm taking you out." Were the first words from his mouth. I simply smile at him and pull him across the threshold into me. I put my arms around him, inhaling his scent. Standing here and inhaling Jake's scent makes me seem like a psycho, but his scent is literally intoxicating. In fact, just smelling his scent now makes me lean into him a little closer as my knees get weak. It's strong, like cologne, but sweet like apples.

"Are you okay with that?" Jake brings me out of my dreamy state with his question.

"Okay with what?" I ask confused.

He chuckles and wraps his hands around my upper arms. "Are you..." He starts, pausing to kiss my left cheek. "okay with me taking..." He moves his lips to my right cheeks "you out tonight?" He finishes kissing me on the lips.

He pulls back for my response and I quickly pull him back to me. My lips meet his again and I make sure he knows my response. I curl my hands around his shirt as my other hand wraps around his neck. He has both of his hands on my hips and after a few seconds he pushes me against the wall next to the door. His tongue is just tracing my lips when we are interrupted.

"Wow sis, you get around a lot more than I thought you did." I hear my brother Jeremy sneer.

I freeze as Jake jumps away from me. I close my eyes and clench my fists, which are now hanging by my sides. Jake shuffles in front of me for a second before he starts toward Jeremy.

"You must be one of Jen's brother's. I'm Jake, her boyfriend." He nicely introduces, sticking his hand out. I'm jumping up and down in my head for the fact that he acknowledged me as his girlfriend.

"Wow. Boyfriend and girlfriend already? Don't get your hopes up too high, bro. She's a loser and will probably break up with you when she finds out you're not perfect." Jeremy sneers and I send him a warning glare at him from behind Jake's view.

Jeremy and I's relationship is rough. He went though a hard time when he first started high school. I heard all of the stories and thought they were just rumors. I thought there was no way that my brother, my Jeremy, was really into the drugs and alcohol.