Chapter FortyEight

Due to the increased growth rate of my baby, the miscarriage had not naturally removed the whole fetus. Therefore, the doctor came in the day after I had talked to Anna and took me through the procedure that would be done.

Jake was there when he talked to us, yet I'd never felt so lonely in my life. The procedure was done that afternoon, and I afterwards I woke up feeling worse than I have in my whole life.

I knew I would never get over the loss of my baby boy. Jake and I decided to name him Duncan.

I knew that everyone coped differently. When Anna lost Tyler she coped by showing no feelings. When Jake lost his son, he coped by pretending it hadn't happened.

I knew that this would eventually catch up to him. He wouldn't be able to run from his emotions forever, but I let him be for now. He had found a way to heal, for the time being that is, so instead of moping he talked. He talked about everything, especially the things I wanted- no needed, to know.

Kayla was killed the day Jake had came for me. She was held at the throat by a vampire when the pack corned him. They demanded he let her go. Instead he snapped her neck, then killed himself.

They retrieved her body when I spoke to Jake about what she'd done for me. I planned to give her a proper and respective burial, as well as tracking down her family members, to tell them a story of her disappearance.

I didn't want to lie, for I hated lies, but I knew how much her family would hurt. They would be broken, i'm sure, if they never heard any word on her again. So they would be informed that she left the country with a man she didn't believe they'd approve of. Whether or not this was something she'd actually do, I had no idea. The fake letter I planned on giving them from her would ensure she was happy.

Speaking of concerned families, Jake told me about my own. My phone call to my mom was the last form of contact they'd received from me. Jake nor Anna had not told them anything, but Anna had been informed things from Jace.

Apparently when I hadn't come home after two weeks, my parents called the authorities down by the campus I told them I'd be staying at. I had been declared missing for more than a month. Anna apparently made amends with Jace during this process. He was stressed out and sad so she agreed they could be friends, although she did stress that they could only be friends.

Jake had contacted Riley when my parents declared me missing and convinced her to not tell them that I had been with him. I don't know how he convinced her, but she never said a word.

I planned on contacting my parents as soon as possible. I might even call them tonight. I wasn't ready to go home nor even try to explain where I'd been, but they deserved to know I was safe.

It turns out Micah had turned soft during my weeks of abuse. Shortly after my pregnancy test had been dropped off, Micah showed up on their land. It was lucky the warriors hadn't killed him, but when he got to speak to Jake, who had already taken the alpha title, he begged for forgiveness. It turns out he did have to beg, for Jake made him pay just for the threats he had given us before I was taken. Eventually Jake showed mercy though, and Micah helped with the escape plan.

Luca was in a highly guarded cell in the pack's prisons. There were only four guards actually assigned to watch him, but over ten men and women are usually there, driven by their loyalty to protect their new luna. It was Jake's decision now on what would happen to him.

Jake told me the whole story of how he defeated Tyler at my request. I wanted to know how he did it. It made me sick to my stomach, but the pain in Jake's eyes told me the murder was not done with no regret.  

Ever since I was handed over to Luca and taken off our grounds, Jake resented Tyler. It had been his plan, and his okay that put me where I was, which the whole pack new the day after I was gone. It sounded like if Jake hadn't challenged him, one of the warriors would have anyway. The pregnancy test had set him off though, and Jake declared his challenge. That night in front of all the adult wolves, Jake fought to the death with Tyler.

Anna told me that she didn't hold Jake totally accountable. She said Tyler had something coming, but the pain in her eyes told us that she thought otherwise.

Now I was currently sitting in a wheel chair, preparing to head up to my room. Yesterday was the day I lost Duncan, and today I was ready to get out of this stuffy hospital room.

I was still very injured, but the doctor said I could go home, as long as I returned for regular check-ups.

The pack hospital was actually attached to the pack house. It was on the eastern side, half way above ground, half way below. I knew I wouldn't be far, in case something happened, but I couldn't stand staying in the room that I had lost my baby in.

Jake opened the door and entered the room, giving me one of his smiles.

"Are you all set?" He asks me coming up next to me. I nod my head with a smile and he walks behind me, beginning to push me out of the room. I hold my small bag on my lap, containing the few things Jake had brought from our room for me.

As we walked through the house on our way to our room many people stopped us to talk to us. Jake drew most of their attention away from me, which I was glad for. I wanted to show that I could be a leader; a luna. I was also really tired.

When we arrived to our room, Jake first helped me on the bed. The very next thing I did was point to the phone.

"Are you sure Jen? Now?" He knew what I needed it for and I nodded my head.

"I can't wait any longer Jake. It's not fair, for anyone." He nods his head and picks up his phone that he had just placed on the dresser. I unlocked it and dialed the number I had known since I was six.

"Hello?" Her voice made me hesitate. I had missed this voice, so very much.

"Mom, its m-me." My voice trembled as emotions rolled through me.

"Jennifer?! JEN!! Jen is it you?"

"Yes, mom it's me." I tell her, Jake kisses my forehead and leaves the room giving me some privacy.

"Jen are you okay? Where are you at? Where have you been? Why didn't you contact us? I want you to come home right now! Oh my goodness. Tell me your okay. Jen are you safe?" My mother rumbles through the questions like never before and I took a deep breath.

"I am safe mom. I'm okay and I want..... I want to come home."

••••••••

So close to the end!!!

Vote and Comment!