Chapter ThirtySeven

I came to in warm arms. I was in thin clothes and from the tingles I was receiving let me know it was Jake who held me.

I stirred and Jake tensed up slightly.

"Jen?" He asks quietly.

"Hmmmmm..." I mumble, hesitating to open my eyes.

"We're about to reach the border." He tells me regretfully. My eyes snap open and he grimaces at my reaction. "I wanted to leave you at home, but Tyler ordered I bring you."

I curl my neck upwards to see we are walking in a group. Tyler is right in front of us along with two big guys on either side of him. From what I can see it seems like there are many people behind us too.

"Where's Anna?" I ask when I take notice of her presence.

Tyler growls and stutter steps. "She's at home, safe." He tells me in a sharp voice.

Geez. Just a question. I think to myself.

Jake sets me on my feet upon my request and holds my hand, continuing on our way. I feel strong next to him, with his hand in mine. It's like the two of us are inseparable, and all powerful.

I'm yanked back in surprise when I realize everyone has stopped. Jake gives me an apologetic smile and I lean into his side. Even in the yoga caprees and long sleeve shirt I was in, I was still a little chilly in the summer breeze.

I don't see anything, but from the faint sound of the rustle of leaves and the sight of our group stiffening up, I suspect the vampires have arrived.

"Alpha Tyler," a memorable voice sounds through the crisp air. "how have you been? More importantly, how have you been, Jen?" At the mention of my name Jake starts forward and two of the big guys hold him back, as another comes to replace him at my side. So the guards weren't just protecting them from us.

A figure finally steps through the tree line, followed by a few others, maybe five.

Micah is among them, but towards the back. He is even more unlike his original self then last time. Instead of walking with his normal swagger, he hung his head. Instead of smirking like he was about to crush your spirit, his face held an expression of concern and worry.

"We've been fine, that is until we were informed of your return here." Tyler's voice is flat out, and monotone. That's why Luca's laugh is very loud when it follows, making me jump.

"So not much had changed?" Luca asks, though no one answers. Now that I can see Luca I'm quite surprised. I pictured him to be older, but he looked like he was my age, plus how many hundred years he had actually been alive that is.

He had blonde hair, that actually made his skin look more white then it actually was. His eyes were a shade of red, but not a bright, scary red. More like a shade of red that if spotted on a person on a street would be noticeable, but not freaky. He also seemed really tall, more so due to his extremely thin form.

"What do you want with Jen?" Jake growls, still being held back by his pack mates.

"Well that's pretty obvious."

It gets quiet again as Jake is getting more and more angry.

"How obvious?" Jake growls.

Luca hesitates before answering, dramatically tapping his finger on his thumb. "Well you see, you broke the agreement we had, by telling a human about us, so we think we should have a right to kill her."

Jake went wild as everyone on my side of the border growled, including Tyler who snarled nearly as loud as Jake. I guess when it came to his pack he could mean business. Since Jake couldn't respond in his seething form, Tyler did.