Chapter FortySeven

The news is too much to process. My Jake, my kind and sweet Jake was a murder. He had killed someone, he had killed his own brother.

I push the thought aside and tried to soak in this moment with Jake instead.

We wait awhile until finally Jake stares towards the doorway. I glance towards it to, but it takes me a few seconds after him until I can finally hear the footsteps.

Denny enters the room again along with approximately ten other men and women.

"Alpha, the house is completely in our controlled. Those who surrendered are captured; those who fought, are killed."

I would normally be disgusted with this report, but after what those monsters put me through, I felt nothing. Maybe I was the monster now.

"Luca and Micah?" Jake asks back to Denny.

"Micah never tried to leave the pack house and Luca is captured."

"Good." I don't ask why Micah was already at the pack house, but just keep my hold on Jake, deciding I'd never let go again.

Two people step forward; a man and a woman. When they get a few feet away from us Jake lets out a warning growl.

"Jake, we're just trying to help her," the woman says nervously, "to help our Luna."

Jake doesn't reply at first and has a stare off at the two people, before he huffs.

"I don't want any man touching her and I will be at her side the whole time. You will also transfer all of your other patients to other doctors when we return to the pack house. This is not a request it's an order."

The woman nods hopefully and walks up to us again. Jake remains tense but I squeeze his arm to attempt to keep him calm.

When the woman kneels next to me the other man tries to take a step forward.

"You can watch from there." Jake spits. So the man does.

Before the woman touches me she fidgets with her hands.

"Luna, my name is Molly and I'm the main doctor of the pack." I give her a reassuring smile and she starts again more confidently. "Is it okay if I examine you?"

"Yes, of course." I reply scratchily, attempting to give her a smile which turns into a grimace.

She lays her hands on my midsection and presses lightly. I gasp, not expecting it to be that painful.

Jake snarls at Molly and she flinches a few inches back.

Another man growls from the group that still watches us from the doorway.

Jake whips his head towards the noise but does not move away from me.

"Harland I'm not going to hurt your mate so stand down." He orders, and the words seem to make me happier.

I know mates aren't uncommon, but I felt happy that there was another couple here. One that hadn't been separated for weeks and probably were happy together.

Molly returns to touching my stomach, head, and arms. I try to refrain from wincing, squeezing the heck out of Jake's hand. After three excruciating minutes, Molly leans back, but doesn't stand up; remaining at Jake's eye level.

"Her injury's will need to be attended to soon, but I think it would be more beneficial to move her now." Jake nods and most of the people move out of the room. Molly, Harland, Denny, and the other medic guy remained, with Jake of course.