ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜𝟟 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖

I was back to where I started in the morning. My legs imitated a pretzel as I sat in the gym, vaguely listening to Yoshi-san as his explanation was punctuated by the rhythmic thudding of Matsui attacking the punching bag. My hands were preoccupied my rubbing the smooth blue stone Tani gave me. 

This wasn't the greatest time to be having a lesson taught to you. Ya know? It's probably best not to yap on about how 'if you're consistent and doing rep to weight ratio correctly you'll be able to maintain muscle mass' while someone is question everything they have ever believed. If all that drove them to their goals for almost six years was a good reason. If they have the qualities that make them a good person, never mind a good hero.

I really hope the chrysocolla stone, that Tani explained had a stabilising effect and would bring me inner strength, starts working. 

"Why did you become a hero?" I interrupted him as he was demonstrating how to properly do a curl.

Yoshi-san's eyes switched focus from his bicep to me. He lumbered down opposite me, copying my crossed legs and set the 20kg weights down either side of him.

"What makes you ask that?" he queried.

"I- I just wanted to compare your reasons to mine."

He nodded. "Hmm, well when I was training to become a hero, I always had it in my mind that is was the right thing to do; it's what my heart has always told me. There are evil people in the world that hurt innocent people. If I am put in a position to stop it, I will do everything I can. But I didn't want chance to dictate who I could save so I trained hard enough to put myself in a hero agency. And then I created my own." 

My opinions of Yoshi-san had never been so high. I was at a loss for words. Yoshi-san is so admirable. And honourable. Kiri would say that he is so manly and I would nod my head hard and agree completely.

"But I need you to understand that that is specifically what I believe. Reasons to become a hero differ but the outcome is always the same, people are saved. Who am I to judge the what you believe in your heart if it isn't the same as mine. As long as you are doing good." added Yoshi-san. "It's good to know why others do what they do, but I don't think you should compare. You'll only begin to question what your heart tells you and then you falter. The one thing I think is universally applicable is that, it's the strength of your heart that makes a great hero."

I nodded taking in his words, but the word 'good' snagged onto the part of my thoughts. Despite Yoshi-san's reassurance, I'm still unsure if what I'm doing is good or not.

"Okay, it's best not to linger too long on thought that are clearly making you worry, I'm going to teach you my work-out. To take your mind of things," declared Yoshi-san. 

I agreed that I needed to stop thinking about this, when I'm not in the middle of catching a villain I'll question everything. 

My mood was still slightly down but I couldn't help the brightening in my eyes when I heard this. "Am I going to get swole like you?" I asked excitedly.

Time Skip

The fancy leather seats squeaks under me as I shifted. The general ache of my muscles made me face scrunch my face up. 

Yoshi-san wouldn't let me use the weights he lifted (because I physically could not) but I still hurt from my modified work out.

Yoshi-san said he wanted me to know the most effective kind of work-out so he tailored a load of his exercises to me. 

I guess some people might say that if you look at it from a certain angle then you could possibly  see that me doing each one until I literally could not was not a good idea and that my pain was certainly my fault.