Chapter 54: Holly Potters First (And Probably Only) Muggle Interview

Summary:

The world knows about Loki's pardon and they are demanding answers. They might not enjoy the one's Holly is willing to give.

Pepper had insisted on dressing nicely.

She had vetoed letting Holly wear formal robes.

Pepper was a joy kill.

Holly couldn't believe she'd been roped into this entire mess. When Tony had brought it up, she'd thought she'd have to do a short press conference or maybe a quick interview where a reporter came to them, asked a few questions and left.

But no.

Here she was. Getting ready to do a long form interview on live television.

Part of this was because the news of Loki's pardoning had gotten out and the world had erupted into chaos. People had questions, people were blaming Holly for it. There were wild theories going around about Holly using mind control to convince the entire UN to pardon Loki. Which...well... Holly had used her influence to get Loki pardoned both on earth and in Asgard, but that was a very different thing than using mind control. Thor had released a statement on behalf of Asgard letting people know that the justice system of Asgard had declared Loki innocent of his crimes due to Loki being under a mental compulsion type spell.

This had both calmed the waters and stirred them up further. People wanted answers and unfortunately Holly was the only one qualified to give them.

So now, she was wearing a nice dress, one of Pepper's that had been magically resized to fit. She was currently backstage with Loki, Tony, and Pepper, the last two of whom were trying to coach her before she had to go on stage.  Loki was mostly just watching the other two buzz around nervously with a smirk. It was as if both of them had forgotten that she'd been in the public eye since she was 15 months old. Holly had survived the worst smear campaign of all time as a teenager. She knew how to keep her cool.

She just sometimes chose not to.

Perhaps that was what they were worried about.

Admittedly, the media hadn't been kind to Loki (or her for that matter) and she was...defensive of her friends. Especially friends who had just recovered from the worst case of magical mind damage she had ever seen who had also been horribly betrayed by the man they'd believed to be their father. And it was true that when Holly got defensive she tended to get mouthy.

Right so they were probably correct to be nervous.

"Pepper." Holly said. "I promise to do my best. But you've got to calm down, you're stressing me out."

"This was supposed to be a closed in person interview, not this." She said.

"We waited too long to make a statement about Loki and now that the cat's out of the bag we have to deal with it." Holly said. "In our defense we were very busy with me almost dying multiple times but...It's going to be okay. We'll get through this."

"Holly's right, Pep." Tony said. "Besides. Holly's a pro at these interviews by now I'm sure."

"I've been doing them with varying success since I was 18." Holly said. "And that was with magic reporters, a far more dangerous breed."

"Right." Pepper said. "You're right, of course you're right."

"Miss Potter?" A voice said from behind them. "Come with me, please, you're about to be announced."

"One moment." Loki said. "Holly, come here."

Holly walked over to Loki who stood up from his lounging position and placed his hands on her shoulders, he looked at her seriously and then nodded. He leaned forward and placed a kiss on her forehead, where her scar had once rested. It tingled with magic.