Chapter 62: Ronan's Invasion

Summary:

London is under attack and despite the Avenger's best efforts, it looks like they're not going to last forever against the assault, not without the other half of their team.

They had received the warning from Hogwarts of all people about the aliens. The ancient castle was well connected to the magical energies of earth, so much so that she was aware when things that were not meant to be near the planet were and could now react accordingly. Jarvis had been in frequent contact with her, of course he had, and she had been the one to share her concerns with the portals and the nearing object she could not identify. Jarvis had passed on that information to Tony who had managed to get a look into space with the help of some of his colleagues and the truth had become clear.

Another invasion.

They had more warning this time, they had plans. Warnings were sent out to every major government they could get a hold of. They didn't know where the aliens were going to hit, they didn't know anything but that it would happen within days. Of course, their heaviest hitters were off planet at the time, but the Avengers had decided to just act like Loki, Holly and Thor were on their way at any moment and keep going. They identified the location of the attack as London, where a lot of the magical portals seemed to be centered according to Hogwarts.  

There wasn't enough time to evacuate the entire city of course, but there was time to get enough people out, to set up barricades, to bring in military forces, to save some lives. There was something to be said for the blessing of warning, for the blessing of experience. Another New York was not going to happen, not today. Tony was determined to make that true, no matter what it cost him. He was sure the entire team was on their side as well. Thankfully Ron and Hermione had been in contact and the magical world was rallying as well to defend London. Special wards had been activated to keep buildings from tumbling, aurors from all the world were stationed in strategic locations to protect muggle populations and help contain the invasion.

Whatever asshole that had decided that earth was going to be their playground was going to have a very rude awakening.

Tony had managed, in the hours before they headed out to London, to finish Winter's arm. The man had made leaps and bounds since their time at Hogwarts. He was still wounded of course, you didn't heal from being a prisoner of war overnight, but he had become a person to them since his memories had been restored. He and Tony had managed to finally, finally, mend what had been broken by Hydra and Tony had felt nothing but pride and relief as he'd watched Winter test out the new arm.

Said arm was now being used to break the necks of invading aliens, which was not necessarily what Tony had designed it for but it was still holding up so he counted that as the win it was.

"Jarv. Status report."

"District three and four are currently under heavy fire, the aurors there are struggling against the slime monsters. Thankfully there are no muggle civilians in the areas" Jarvis said. "Rogers and Romanoff are en route as we speak."

"And district five?"

"Recovered, the Hulk has managed to down the spine monster, and one of the healers on staff managed to coax him still long enough to heal his hands."

"Where to next?" Tony asked.

"Barton is asking for aid in district two, he is running low on arrows and there are civilians."

"Let's rock and roll."

They'd broken London into districts, each district was assigned an Avenger, along with squadrons of aurors, muggle military forces and even the London Police had pitched in to help protect and herd civilians away from the threat. Rhodey had flown in to helptoo and Tony, as the one of the two flight capable Avengers currently on the team, was moving between districts as fast as he could to help out when needed, his other suits were being run by Jarvis and Hogwarts to act as shields and defenders for humans as well as help save people if they were trapped in rubble.