One Night Stand With The Bad Boy (15)

"River? River wake up." My eyes began to open, as I realised Reece was shaking me gently while whispering.

"Is everything okay?" I pushed myself up, so I was now looking straight at him.

"I want you to come with me," he said smiling. Was it the morning time already? I did a quick glance over to where the window was, it was pitch black out. I leaned over to grab my phone and check the time, it read, 2.20am. It's twenty past two in the morning, where would he want to go at that time.

"Are you sleep walking Reece?" I asked, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. He chuckled quickly, then seriousness took over his face again.

"No River, please okay, I'll give you a piggyback, come on!" He shook my shoulder again, as if that would encourage me, but I nodded anyway.

"I promise River, you won't regret it." He whispered, lifting me up onto his back.

"I have no regrets anyway," I shrugged, not thinking.

We made our way to the stable. Reece set me down on the fence, while he got his chestnut horse from the stables. After coming out, he lifted me from the fence and placed me on her, then climbed on behind me.

"Where are we going Reece?" I asked, a hint of irritation in my voice. I was tired, you can't blame me.

"Just relax River," he said calmly, then clicked for the horse to begin into a steady trot the opposite direction from the forest.

I did what Reece asked, and relaxed. I rested my back against his front, and closed my eyes, enjoying the cold night air.

"River were here." I opened my eyes, and looked around. It took a few minutes to adjust to the dark, but soon I realised where this was. It was a river, a very pretty river if I'm honest. It had plants growing around the sides, a little bridge coming over the middle, and a few branches inside. It was gorgeous. But why take me here?

"Reece, it gorgeous," I said, still in awe over the scenery, "but why take me here?" I asked, turning my head to look at him.

"I want to get to know you better, and what better way then to take you out here. I couldn't sleep as well," he shrugged, as if it was nothing at all.

"What do you want to know?" He jumped down, and then brought me down. We sat under a tree with his horse tied on next to us.

"Yesterday, I saw a scar," I winced, how could I have forgotten. "River, it runs up the whole of your back to your neck, how did you get that?" I winced again, I couldn't tell him.

"Look Reece, some things just can't be explained, alright?" He looked down, disappointment all over his face.

"No, not alright, I want to know," he said, looking over at me.

"Why? Why do you want to know Reece?" I asked, getting frustrated.

"B-because, because I care," he looked down again. But even the darkness couldn't mask the blush creeping onto his cheeks.

"Why are you blushing?" I leaned my head onto his shoulder. Reece couldn't like me, could he?

"Because I've never ever cared about a girl, bar relations," he said, resting his head on top of mine.

"When my mum passed, after giving birth to Sandy, I got very upset. I wanted to collect all of her things, all of them." Why was I telling him this? "It really doesn't matter Reece, seriously." I took my head from his shoulder, and rested it against the bark of the tree, ouch.