Chapter Twelve

Riley's POV

Surprisingly, today has gone by faster than I expected. I was excited to go out with Drew. We both decided that it was just best to go out to dinner, because a movie would be too long, and it was a Thursday night, we had school tomorrow and I had a game.

She insisted on her picking me up, so I waited on the couch. I waited for about 10 minutes, then the doorbell rang. I jumped off the couch and walked to the door, swinging it open.

Drew was standing at the door, with a wide smile on her face. "Hey beautiful."

I couldn't help but blush. "Hey yourself."

"You ready?" I nodded, yelling at my dad, telling him that I was leaving.

We walked down the steps, and to her car. The drive wasn't far, so we were there within 15 minutes. The drive was quiet though, music was the only thing that kept the car from being quiet.

Once we got there, she told me to wait, she jogged around the car and opened up my door, I was honestly surprised at this gesture. But it was sweet, "thank you." I quietly said, and got out of the car.

Drew's raven black hair was straightened, she was wearing a navy blue button-up shirt, khaki jeans, and black Nike Janoski's. She looked hot in guy's clothes. She once again jogged to the door of the restaurant, and opened the door for me. I silently thanked her once again.

We finally got a table in the back, kind of secluded from everyone else. Drew and I ordered our drinks, and started talking. "So where did you move from?"

"Arizona."

"Oh, that's not too far, why did you move?"

"My dad got a job here." I didn't really want to talk to her about my mother, I barely know Drew, and it's not something I like to talk about to anyone. The only reason people back home knew was because it was all over the news for the longest time, but no one ever asked me about it.

"You play soccer right? Sarah told me you play on the varsity team." I nodded, and smiled.

"I've played soccer for as long as I can remember."

"When's your next game?"

"Tomorrow actually, it's our first game of the season, and it's a home game, so I'm happy we get to play on our own field."

"What time does the game start, plan on me being there." She winked at me.

"It's at 6." I lightly blushed. She couldn't comment one me blushing, because our drinks got here. We ordered our food and kept talking, up until our food came. We had a few conversations here and there.

"I'll pay." I spoke up as the waiter handed us the bill.

"No, no. I picked you up and chose the restaurant, I'm paying." I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, but next time I'm paying."

"So there's gonna be a next time?" She flirtatiously said, smirking at me.

"Maybe." She finished paying, and I was the first one to stand up and walk away. She was right behind me, and pushed the front door open again for me. I wasn't completely surprised, she has a thing for opening doors.

We walked to the car, and I waited for Drew to open my door. I got in and she softly shut the door and got into her side of the car. She reversed out of the parking lot and started driving towards my apartment complex.

"So when are you free?" She glanced my way, but then looked back to the road.

"How about this weekend?"