Chapter Twenty Two

Riley's POV

It's been almost two weeks since Brooke last told me she never wanted to see me again. We haven't talked since.

We've glanced at each other from time to time during soccer practice, but no words were exchanged.

In classes she acts like I don't exist. People, for the most part, have stopped talking about Brooke and I and started talking about more juicy things happening around school.

I know my dad told me to fight for her, but there's no point if she won't give me the time of day. I guess she really doesn't feel the same way, I'll just have to move on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brooke's POV

I've lost my best friend, hell I've lost most of my friends. Many of them think that me kissing a girl is absolutely terrifying and I'll go straight to hell, I'll be meeting them there of course.

I started talking to this boy at school, luckily I was able to convince him I'm bisexual, because he doesn't believe I'm straight, which I am.

His name is Danny, and he plays basketball. I don't know anything about basketball, other that you throw a ball into a hoop, soccer is my sport.

Danny will be coming to my next game to watch me, which surprisingly I'm nervous for.

Not only am I nervous for him seeing me play, but he will also see Riley. I keep telling him she's out of my life, and I haven't talked to her in almost two weeks, but he thinks I have a thing for her.

I. Am. Not. Gay.

I like guys, Riley was just a phase, I wanted to experiment. She's out of my mind now, once I go to college and leave this god forsaken state, she will be a long lost memory.

Once she sees that I've moved on, maybe Riley will stop staring at me, which she's doing right now during practice.

I feel her staring at me all the time, but I never look back at her. If I do, I might do something stupid.

Why do I have to be such a teenager?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The team is packing up heir gear and all the girls are staring to head to their rides.

I take my goalie gloves and my cleats off and put them in my blue adidas bag.

I feel a presence behind me, and I don't have to turn around to know who it is. Just got up and walk Brooke.

Maybe she will get the hint and walk away.

"Brooke." Shit.

I turn towards her, but look at her black Nike slides on her feet.

"Why won't you talk to me? Why don't you look me in the eyes?"

I don't want to answer her, not because I don't want to, I mean I don't want to, but because I don't have an answer for her.

I decide maybe it's best to answer her, maybe she will finally understand we can't be friends anymore.

"Things are different between you and me now." I look up to her chin, there's a tiny scar about the length of my pinky nail on the left side of her chin, barely visible.

"Things don't have to be different between us."

I move my eyes to the sky, it's almost dark out, in the horizon there's a beautiful sunset, I almost wish I could take a picture of it, if I wasn't having this serious conversation with Riley.