Chapter Thirty Seven

Brooke's POV

When I woke up, I had this burst of energy. Today's gonna be a good day, I thought to myself.

I went to grab my phone to check the time, and my hand found a letter instead. What the?

Instead of opening the letter right away, I checked the time. 9am. I went back to the letter, slowly opening it up.

It wasn't my parents or grandparents handwriting, but it looked familiar.

'Brooke, I don't know when you'll be awake, but I'll wait for you all day. When you open this, change into something nice. Well, you always look nice. Just put something on. We are gonna go on a little scavenger hunt. You'll be driving, so get in your car, you'll find your next clue soon.'

I quickly got dressed, wearing a soft pink sundress, and headed to my car. I kept looking around to see if I could find the clue on my way out.

With no luck I just decided to get in my car. There was a letter on the drivers seat.

'We sat here, looking at the stars. Talking about anything and everything. The swings were our favorite spot.'

Easily it was park. I wondered what the hell Riley was up to, but it's cute that she's putting this much work into something.

The park is only a couple of blocks away from my house, so I got there in no time. I was kind of worried the letter wouldn't be there because kids come here a lot and could've found it.

But there it was, on the left swing set, the one I always sat on.

Ripping the letter open I read it eagerly.

'You may punch me in the arm for this one. But this is a place we both know well. Really well. We are here with no clothes, doing things that are parents should not know of. Sorry for any child if they find this, but go to the place we've had sex at ;)'

I was going to hit her for this. Really? Her bed as one of the places to go? Real classy.

As my saltiness subsided I parked close to her apartment. It looked like her dad wasn't home, and lucky for me she gave me a spare key, so I walked right in.

For once Riley's bed was made. The letter was set on the perfectly made bed, along with a thong.

My pink laced one to be exact. God damnit. I must have left it here.

I threw my underwear elsewhere and grabbed the next hint.

'Alright, I'm tired of making you go places and I really just want to see you. This is where you catch a ball, but you also caught my heart. We are each other's biggest fans.'

I'm not surprised she's on the field, Riley practically sleeps there. I took al of the opened letters in my hand and headed to my car for a final time.

All of this driving around took about an hour and a half, maybe. From Riley's house to the school was another 10 minutes, and I was eager to get there.

Why was she doing all of this? Is she really up at 11?

The 10 minutes felt like hours as I pulled into the school parking lot. Luckily the soccer field was close, since it was one of our biggest sports at my school.

I could already see her sitting down in the middle of the field with things around her.

When she spotted me she got up and met me halfway. I instantly pulled her into a hug when we were close enough.

Without both of us saying a word, she guided us to a picnic blanket with a cute basket.

I could feel tears wanting to escape. "This is so cute Riley!" You could hear excitement in my voice.

I've never seen Riley this happy, shes just excited and nervous as I am.

She gestured me to sit down. "How long have you been waiting here for me?" I asked her.

"It doesn't matter, I would wait here all day for you if I needed to." She smoothly said.

"How did you do all of this? And why?" I looked around at the food now laid all around us.

"I can't tell you how I did this, it would ruin it! But I'm doing this for you, duh. We've been together for a while now, and we've been through a lot. You've stuck by my side even when there were better people around me. I don't deserve you, and don't argue with me. I don't deserve you, but I'll prove everyday how much I love you, and appreciate you."

Riley pulled out these beautiful orangish-yellow roses from behind the basket, and she also brought out this box.

She opened the box right away and I gasped. It was a beautiful promise ring, it had my name on one side and hers on the other. On the inside of it it says 'Always and Forever'.

I felt tears running down my cheek as I pulled Riley into a hug once again. "This is amazing. You didn't have to do all of this." I mumbled into her shoulder.

"I didn't, but I wanted to." She pulled away and put the promise ring on my finger. "Now, let's eat! I'm starving!" Riley started grabbing different foods.

There was juice, different chips, and other fruits too. She brought so much food it looked like we were feeding a family of 4.

I was beyond full, but she brought out a fresh silk pie, my favorite.

"Why do you do this to me! Are you trying to fatten me up!" Laughing while I spoke.

"No. I just want to treat you like the princess you are." I rolled my eyes at her cheesiness.

"Give me five minutes then I'll be able to eat a piece." After speaking, I moved closer to her, laying my head on her shoulder.

"This really is amazing though, thank you." I whispered.

"Anything for you baby girl."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Riley's POV

Brooke ended up eating two pieces of that pie. I did not hear the end of it after. How much she 'regretted' eating those pieces.

When we started cleaning up the food, I saw her steal the pie for herself. And when I caught her, she acted innocent, giving me a wide smile with pleading eyes.

I just nodded to her, allowing her to take the pie. She was genuinely smiling. Brooke was breathtaking. Not only was she beautiful inside and out, she had an amazing body.

Her skin was flawless, and you could get lost in her big blue eyes. The way she was so confident, it was sexy actually. I just don't know how I'm so lucky.

We had decided to go back to Brooke's house, mostly so she could put the pie in her fridge.

I wanted to hang out with her more, and she agreed. It would be just another lazy day though, watching random movies, eating junk food, and Brooke finishing off all of that pie.

She was a monster when it came to that pie, I just don't know how such a tiny girl could eat that much pie.

After she was satisfied, she laid her head on my lap, while we were watching reruns of Hannah Montana (This is a judge free zone, just saying). We sang along to the theme song, laughing at the parts we knew were coming.

Today was a good day, a day I would ever forget. Even though Brooke was with me already, it feels like we are closer, and nothing could tear us apart.

Authors note
~~~~~~~~~~~~
There's only going to be a couple more chapters until this story is over! I want to dedicate this chapter to my girlfriend Shelby. It's our 10 months, and I can't wait for the months ahead.

Please vote, comment your thoughts, and follow me! I hope you enjoyed this chapter.