Chapter Eight: Strange Dreams

Tamaki's POV

Today certainly was a long day... I splashed my gorgeous face with the cool water running from the bathroom sink. Tsuki...

I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but there was something about her that seemed so... familiar. It's hard to believe that she's Bossa Nova's sister... She looks so different from him, with her brown hair and dark eyes... I looked up from the mirror to look at myself. I glanced at my tooth brush but quickly looked back in the mirror. I looked at my face. We have very similar eyes, don't we?  I always thought that my eyes were unique to my family but-

"Sh-Sh-Shima!!! What are you doing in my bathroom!?!" (Shima Maezono: chief of staff at Suoh Mansion #2)

"I came to make sure you properly brushed your teeth, which it seems you haven't. Please do so soon, Master Tamaki, I shouldn't have to baby a young man as yourself."

"I-It's not what it looks like!!! I was deep in thought and-"

"Goodnight Master Tamaki." She left the room and closed the door shut. I mumbled to myself, feeling rejected at Shima's harsh words.

"First Bossa Nova... Now Shima..." I lifted my hand to the sky elegantly as I sparkled in an illuminating spotlight. "Oh, why must the beautiful endure such merciless taunts?" I picked up my toothbrush and started to clean my pearly white teeth. I spit out the minty foam and sat down on the edge of my bed.

"I hope I don't get the nightmares again... They've been ruining my beauty sleep..." With those final words, I crashed onto the bed, completely exhausted from the sleep deprivation of the past few nights, and fell asleep.

Darkness was all that surrounded me. I could feel the splinters from the inside of the wooden box cutting into my back, but I couldn't care. I need to be strong. For her.

I embraced the shaking small figure next to me, feeling the salty tears drip from her face and into the dirty fabric of my pajamas. I squeezed her as she hiccuped and silently sobbed. It felt like days before she finally spoke in a broken and hoarse voice.

"T... Teriyaki...?"

"Yeah...?" I asked, quietly. The mean men told us to stay quiet or else they'd hurt us.

"Are... Are we gonna die?"

I hesitated. I looked around the darkness, searching for some light so I could see her face. The shadows were too dark, they thickened the air making it hard to breathe.

"No... We'll be okay. Mommy and Daddy will save us..."

"I don't wanna die Teriyaki... I'm scared..."

"I know. But we'll be okay. I promise." Light suddenly clawed it's way into our dark box, making the both of us blinded.

"I thought I told you two brats to keep quiet." Still blinded, I could vaguely see him roughly grab her and harshly pull her up. "This oughta shut you up..." A metallic flash whipped before my eyes and towards her.

"TERIYAKI!!!!!!"

The scene suddenly changed to one I hadn't experienced before.This time metal pressed against my back, and tight chains pinched at my skin. My head hung lowly as I stared at the floor, a pool of dried blood at my feet. Small streams of sunlight made their way inside the dark place through the small barred windows. I felt a small stickiness under my feet. That color... All that deep red came from her...