Chapter Twenty One: Sensei

So this is going to be a bit of background on Tsuki and her sensei, I hope you enjoy :)

Tsuki's POV

It was dark and it was cold. The should-be sunlight was absent and Teriyaki's voice was nowhere to be heard. I trembled as the soft sound of my struggling against my bonds echoed throughout the empty, silent, building.

It smelled awful... The smell of blood that drifted though the air. I'm not sure what had happened but I heard lots of loud and scary noises: screams and gunshots and people falling to the floor... I was so scared...

My throat burned intensely, some of the cuts on me had healed but I still felt the dizzying feeling of my own blood trickling down to the puddle of thick liquid that had gathered at the chair I was bound to. I was going to die.

Suddenly, I heard a sound. Footsteps maybe? I was so tired, I couldn't see anything... I wanted to sleep so badly...

"Hello? Anybody home?" An unfamiliar voice called out.

So tired... I managed to move a bit, rustling the chains that bound my small frame.

I heard a door screech open with rusted hinges. "Oh my god..."

I heard the man puke, but I wasn't paying much attention. The only thing I was focusing on was keeping my eyes open. Don't shut them, Tsuki...

I heard the man make his was past the corpses. "What the hell happened here...?" Teriyaki...

I felt myself go limp. The man noticed me and ran straight up to me, crouching down and staining his knees on the frighteningly large puddle of red liquid gathered around me. "Little girl, don't worry, I'll get you out of here. You'll be okay, j-just hold on..."

I couldn't see the man... I could hear my heart beat slowing... "Teriyaki... I'm so sorry..." With that my vision faded to utter darkness.

~+~+~+~+~+~+~

To my own surprise, I had opened my eyes. All around me was a creamy white, I couldn't see anything else. It was light where I was, from what I could tell...

A knock, on what I assumed was a door, caught my attention. Without my consent, my hands started to shake, and tears welled up in my eyes. What if these are the people that took me and Teriyaki away from Mommy and Daddy? Or took Teriyaki away from me?

My small hands trembled as I heard footsteps approach me. A blur of a man sat next to me on my bed. I felt a large, calloused hand gingerly hold my own.

"Hey, hey... It's okay, you're safe now. No need to be scared, I'm here to help you okay?" A gentle voice said. I recognized it this time, and I felt a little bit better. I looked at the blur, and gave a weak smile.

"I'm okay... Your the man from before, right mister?"

He placed a warm hand on my shoulder. "Yeah, I am. I was sure to get you all bandaged up and taken care of. You feeling better?"

I nodded. "Yeah, it hurts but its a lot better then before." I smiled again and gave a short laugh, which turned into a coughing fit. When I could breathe again, the man spoke.

"What's your name, little girl?" He said kindly.

"My name is Tsuki..."

"That's a pretty name."