Chapter Twenty Two: Good News and New Enemies

Ritsu's POV

I had never ran so fast in my life.

As soon as I got the phone call, I dropped everything and ran.

It was as if I couldn't feel anything, no soreness from my legs, no tightness in chest. All I felt was the emotions from hearing that short call.

"Hello, Mr. Kasanoda? Your sister is awake."

I wasn't sure what to do. I felt happy, relieved, hopeful, doubtful, and scared. She was awake, she was no longer in a coma, but what if she still hadn't recovered? What if she was different then before?

I charged up the stairs, the elevator would be too slow. The adrenaline pumping through my veins pushed me forward and I nearly broke the door down trying to get in.

I froze at the door, heavy pants filling the otherwise quiet room.

Tsuki was sitting up in bed, slowly sipping away a bowl of soup. She glanced over, her big sparkling eyes reflecting the light. She smiled.

"Hey there, Ri-Ri... Long time no see..." She whispered in a slightly raspy voice, a small smile gracing her features.

Reality gave me hard punch to the gut. All the pain of non-stop, full on sprinting caught up to me and I fell to the floor, clutching my sore chest.

"O-Oh my god, Ri-Ri!" She tried to climb out of bed, when I started laughing. Tears streamed down my reddened face as I chuckled.

"Ri-Ri?" She said in a quiet worried tone that questioned if I was still sane. I took a few deep breaths and crawled my way over to her, it hurt too much to fully get up. I collapsed, resting my weary head on her lap. I reached up and grabbed one of her soft hands. "thank god your okay... I thought I had lost you..."

Tsuki had woken up. That was all that mattered.

~+~+~+~+~+~

I had never been as happy as I was at school that day. Tsuki forced me to go after I stayed the night and most of the morning.

I knew I wasn't exactly in the best shape, I still felt like crap from the run, Not getting sleep made me look pretty disheveled, and  I wasn't able to shower so I didn't exactly smell pleasant either.

But I couldn't care less about any of that. My sister was awake, the doctors said she just needed to rest and get back into the habit of, well, not being asleep for two months. I couldn't stop smiling, I definitely got a few strange looks.

Okay, maybe more then a few.

And maybe they were more terrified then estranged.

But whatever, who cares! Tsuki's okay!!

When I finally got to the school, classes were just about over so I just headed straight  for the all too familiar music room.

I opened the door and threw myself on the nearest couch, kicking off my shoes and making myself at home. A few minutes later, the Host Club arrived, a few short chats being exchanged. However, they all instantaneously stopped when they saw a hobo, happy-go-lucky, psychotically smiling version of me leap up from the couch and laugh.

"Hey guys!" I shouted happily. "Been a while since I've been here, huh?"

They all stared at me, a few whipers going around.

"How did he get in here?"

"How long has he been on that couch?"

"Do you think we should disinfect it, Takashi?"