Chapter Fifteen: Flash Backs

Tsuki's POV

"Mommy! Mommy! Look, the flowers are so pretty, huh?"

My mother smiled at me, loose strands of her beautiful blonde hair swaying in the light breeze. "Yes, yes they are."

I looked up at her and smiled. "Mommy, your pretty too! Prettier then every one of these flowers!"

She laughed a heart warming laugh, making me laugh too. "I'm not so sure about that. But I do know this..." She picked me up and spun me around, making me shriek with delight. "You're the prettiest thing I see here!" She squeezed me tightly.

I looked up at her with big eyes. "Hey mommy? You won't ever leave me and Teriyaki, right?"

She poked my nose and smiled. "I'd never dream of it."

"What if you weren't sick?" I jumped down from her arms and ran around her in a circle, my arms stretched out on either side of me and I swept and dived, pretending to be an airplane. "And you could go anywhere you wanted to?  Would you still  stay here with me and Teriyaki?" Mom bent down to my level and placed a hand lovingly on my shoulder.

"I wouldn't step a foot outside of France, or even go as close a place as Paris, Mon Ange, without you or your brother by my side."

I awoke, and flew out of bed. I rummaged through my drawers, trying to find what I'd need. I rubbed my eyes. What time is it... must be pretty late...

This is the closest I've ever been to finding them. I needed to leave, I needed to search for Mom...

France... She's somewhere in France... I tripped over myself as my senses became blurry from the excitement and drowsiness clouding my brain. I heard something crash, and a few moments later my door flew open.

"Ki-Ki! What's happening, it's the middle of the night and I heard a crash and..." I desperately looked on the ground for my wallet, I think it landed somewhere nearby. I felt all around me. I probably looked pathetic.

"Ki-Ki...? What are you..."

"France..." I mumbled. I couldn't waste time, I needed to start searching, I was so close...

"France? Ki-Ki, what's going on?"

I was on the edge of tears, but I held them back. I was never going to cry again, never ever again. I had cried too much when Teriyaki had needed me. I couldn't let that happen again. I looked around the room in a panic, trying to find where it was. "Ri-Ri, my mom!! S-She's in France, I need to find her!! I need to-"

"Tsuki, calm down!" I suddenly felt strong hands gripping my shoulders. He angled my face towards him. "What happened?"

I couldn't stop the shakiness in my voice. I'm so close to finding her... to finding Teriyaki... "I-I had a dream... Me a-and mom... She's in France! I-I'm sure of it, s-she called me Mon Ange, t-that's french for my angel! She always called me that... A-And she said she w-wouldn't step out of France unless m-me and T-Teriyaki were with her..." I covered my face with my trembling hands. "I'm so close to finding my family... S-She's in France, somewhere close to Paris... I... I just know it..." My fingernails dug into my scalp as I felt the desperation to find them again take over. "They... They have to be in France!!!"

I threw myself at Ritsu and held him tightly. I hid myself in his shoulder and felt the tears bubble around my eyes. "They have to be..."

"Tsuki... Listen, I-" He tried to pull away but I held onto him tighter.

"No! No, y-you can't see me... I won't let you see me cry..." He held onto me, softly stroking my tangled hair. "Tsuki..."

"I'm... I'm not gonna cry... I haven't cried since then, and I won't cry now..." I tried to take breaths, but they turned out shaky and uneven.

We sat there for what seemed like hours, holding each other tightly in an embrace. Every once in a while he would whisper sweet comforts in my ear, as I tried to slow my breathing and calm myself.

Breathe in...

"It'll be okay, Tsuki... I'm here for you..."

Breathe out...

"We'll find your family soon... It'll all be okay..."

Breathe in...

I felt my consciousness slipping away. As my eyes slowly slid shut I spoke the final words I would say before falling back into slumber.

"I'm be in France soon.... Mommy..."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Ritsu's POV

It took me a little while to realize she had fallen back asleep. I held her close to me as I gently lifted her up and set her back on her bed, pulling up the covers and tucking her in. I kissed her forehead. "Sleep well, okay sis?"

I started to silently pick up the mess she had made in her panic. I folded the clothes she had tossed to the ground and set them neatly back into her drawers. I carefully picked up the shards of glass and the broken pieces of the lamp that had fallen to the ground and threw them all away.

She wants to go to France to look for her Mom... She still has no clue that her father and brother are right here, does she?

I sat next to her on her bed as she slept soundly. It seemed like the girl from just a few minutes ago was from an entirely different universe. She was trembling all over, her usual bright eyes were dull and glassy. That Tsuki was so desperate... So scared... So...

"Blind... You're never really blind are you, Tsuki? You can see even better then most people but... As soon as you get desperate and scared, you become blind..." I pushed a stray strand of light brown hair from her sleeping face. She looks so at peace when she sleeps. If it weren't for the light rises and falls of her chest, you could mistake her for a doll... Beautiful, perfect, still.

"It's not right to see you so blind, Tsuki... I don't want you to feel that much despair ever again..."

I saw the slightest of smiles appear on her face as she slept.

I thought back to the very beginning.

"Who knows what would've happened to me if you actually listened to me..."

"You said anything I wanted, right? SO! What's your name?"

"When I was super young, I was taken from my home. I wasn't old enough to remember anything, really. I know a few things, but my surname isn't one of them." She gave me a determined look. "But I'll find out one day, when I find my family again. As soon as I do, I'll tell you, 'k?"

"Can... Can I call you 'Big Brother?'"

I smiled. "I'll always be your big brother. I've been your big brother ever since the day I truly met you. I'll always be there to protect you, Ki-Ki."

"I love you, sis."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Hey guys! I know this is a short chapter, but it's a sweet one :) I hope you enjoyed, leave some feedback if ya want cuz it's always appreciated, and I'll see you later! Toodles~!