Chapter 5 ~ Back To School

My mom and I decided to go shopping for school supplies and new clothes. I picked up some makeup; I haven't worn any in years. Not that I look pretty hot with makeup anyway. I tried on the clothes my mom picked out, and we left with a dress and a short sleeve graphic T-shirt that went perfectly with a long layered skirt. We bought the necessities for school, and took off. Thankfully, the mall wasn't too far from our house. Since we didn't know where the car was, we were forced to walk. I scoffed, not that my mom had a driving license anyway.

School was tomorrow, and I was jumping up and down in my bed. I glanced at the alarm clock in my drawer. It read 5:00 AM. Way too early. I looked to my side and was surprised to see my mom sleeping peacefully next to me. Oh yeah, that's right, he's gone and we're together again. I can't help the fact that we were living so happily together and that I don't have to be tortured by him anymore. I still remember each and everyday of my misery. I'll just have to deal with it. I pushed against the bed and stood up. I tiptoed quietly out of the room, and closed the door. While we were shopping yesterday, we decided it would be best if we bought some food. I made my mom and I breakfast. Eggs that were scrambled, sausages, feta cheese patties, and juice. I haven't eaten this much since I was ten, and I was looking forward to my first peaceful and filling breakfast with my mom. I grabbed my book and sat down at the dining table as I waited for my mom to awaken.

An hour or so later, I heard the door crack open, and my mom stepped out. She looked beautiful compared to my morning look. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun, and she had small touches of makeup. Instead of her usual pajamas, she had on a silk dress at knee-length. She walked over to the table and her eyes fluttered with surprise. She gasped.
"Is-is this-is this made for-us?" She whispered while stammering lightly. I grinned sheepishly, and she pulled me into a tight hug. I remember when I was six, she gave very tight hugs. I always heard my spine crack. But these few days her hugs were weak. I have a slight guess why.
"Well? What are we waiting for? Let's dig in!" She exclaimed, and we both sat down. And genuinely this time, it was delicious.

The rest of the day poured out quickly, we stayed at home and rested. The most exciting thing that probably happened was us watching Twilight. We decided to sleep early. We ended up sleeping at 7:00 pm. I can't wait for tomorrow.
----------------------------------------------
Hi everyone!
Sorry this chapter was so short. The next chapter is just going to be soooooo long and packed with events. So I decided to just warm you guys up. ;)

Update will be soon. Maybe tomorrow or two days later. So expect that.

So any predictions on what's going to happen in the next chapter?

I love all of you guys, and suggestions and comments would be AWESOME!!

Happy reading and have a great day/night!
~Twilight